Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

<em>@bossep 53113 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello bigrk,
    Think I did a newbe “jump into the deep side here”

Bosse</blockquote>

Yeah Bossep this topic has been discussed so many times and actually by so few members that it really doesn’t make sense to discuss it over and over again. This topic was just closed with 117 posts in this same Galena forum and now it resumes here which is the only other thread started in this forum. I really don’t get it but I am just about to close this thread also.

marigny Friend

One good templates is sure better than 2 bad templates.
    Perhabs to create 2 good templates JA needs more developers……

I think the best solution is a compromiss.

1 Template a month

and yearly three Bonus-templates

1 at eastern, 1 at Christmas days and 1 at my birthday 29. August :-))))))))))))

😀

zorroh Friend

my opinion is still same: better hire more developers, raise the price and continue with 2 templates in month. whats the differents between others clubs when turning to 1 template in month?

mfcphil Friend

So WHEN is it coming out???

Do we have a date yet??

zorroh Friend

on first page below galena logo is countdown.. time is ticking.. after couple days we can use new template 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@zorroh 53171 wrote:</em><blockquote>my opinion is still same: better hire more developers, raise the price and continue with 2 templates in month. whats the differents between others clubs when turning to 1 template in month?</blockquote>
    The difference is QUALITY over quantity.

mfcphil Friend

I think you will find that all the major template makers on the market today only do ONE per month.

kajantek Friend

anyway I think it’s important for joomlart to be clear with customers.
    I’m new, I’ve subscribed because of the good job made by all the staff of joomlart and I still believe it, but I would appreciate much transparency with customers….

terp Friend

<em>@comtech 53075 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would rather see one new template per month and have that one template be the best it possibly can be. Possibly have the template of each month out during the first or last week of each month & maybe have two templates during december.

Two templates a month seems rushed in my opinion.</blockquote>

I JUST signed up, and truth be told, I had no idea JoomlArt released two templates a month; that’s crazy nonsense. 🙂

I am with you, sir: one awesome template with more thought and time dedicated to it, rather than a 2 week sweatshop operation. I am surprised with the quality given the timeframe…Ja Teline II was the reason I signed up. 🙂

…and to hear people whine about a few day delay (a few threads i just read as I soak all this in) is even more laughable now, especially knowing that they cut two a month…I used to pay more than the price of this membership for ONE template; not one a month; ONE template. 🙂
    Just getting two quality templates and some support in the forums is more than worth the membership, so, well, ergo… 😉

zorroh Friend

<em>@mfcphil 53263 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think you will find that all the major template makers on the market today only do ONE per month.</blockquote>

so? i know that 😀 and thats the reason whay i joined to joomlart! joomlart gives 2 templates in month! ..and joomlart does not have to be like others.. joomlart can be always special, like now, giving 2 templates in month

TomC Moderator

<em>@zorroh 53556 wrote:</em><blockquote>so? i know that 😀 and thats the reason whay i joined to joomlart! joomlart gives 2 templates in month! ..and joomlart does not have to be like others.. joomlart can be always special, like now, giving 2 templates in month</blockquote>
    Honestly, you seem like someone who values quantity over quality . . . that, and/or someone who just like to have things without any intention to ever use them. The glass is always half empty with you, isn’t it?

zorroh Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 53605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Honestly, you seem like someone who values quantity over quality . . . that, and/or someone who just like to have things without any intention to ever use them. The glass is always half empty with you, isn’t it?</blockquote>

noup, im using templates very often.. and if i dont like template so much, then i do little modify and still using.

i manage many domains and a lot of sub-domains and intranets where i use templates. so, if joomlart not giving anymore 2 templates in month, then i must buy atleast one membership more somwhere else. so cheaper is buy on one place and thats whay i push 2 templates in month and thats whay i agree pay even more then right now for JA templates if they continues 2 templates in month

TomC Moderator

<em>@zorroh 53608 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    i manage many domains and a lot of sub-domains and intranets where i use templates. so, if joomlart not giving anymore 2 templates in month, then i must buy atleast one membership more somwhere else. so cheaper is buy on one place and thats whay i push 2 templates in month and thats whay i agree pay even more then right now for JA templates if they continues 2 templates in month</blockquote>
    Well, I will say that your loyalty to JA is admirable.

Out of curiosity . . . might we see some of the various sites you have developed using the many JA templates?

zorroh Friend

im not so loyal, just lazy to jump over clubs.. JA team have my info about site what are public and they can look, that there is not just one site. i dont see any real reason to jumping with my clients sites here, show them and later discover that my clients sites are spammed or something else. when my personal site coms out for public, then you can use link in my profile.

ErikThorsen Friend

Ok, I know this has been discussed heavily. I also understand making 2 each month is a lot. But for me ( doing the same as zorroh I guess ) “need” 2 new each month. That is the buy for me in this club ( of course also the members here are great, so it is a good community as well. )

However, am I 100% sure that the quality would improve greatly if we only did 1 template each month. How would everyone react if the quality didn’t improve a lot and there still was a lot of bugs? Just a thought.. Would we then switch back to 2 each month.

I have been around for a while, in web-design business and have seen a lot of this, that is why I am a bit reluctant to changing to 1. Call me pessimist if you want but I don’t see any guarantee that the templates would improve.

Logically they would, as developers and designers would get more time but would they use it effectively.

I guess enough said about the whole thing, just wanted to say this one thing. Sorry about that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

This topic contains 51 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  VisiGod 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum