Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Well said Erik! I have felt this way about it all along. There is a reason why the templates are always late and the many problems that result with each and every release. I just can’t imagine anything really changing if JA went to just one template a month.

kajantek Friend

I’m new and I subscrived for 24 templates a year… 53 courrent templates + 24 next 12 months… I paid for that and not for just 12 templates…

zorroh Friend

they just need to hire more developers.

kajantek Friend

I really hope so… I’m a bit disappointed…

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello kajantek, you will get 2 new templates for each month. They will not change the policy in the midst of your membership. They will inform anyone at least 12 months prior to changing policy, so you will indeed get what you have paid for, no problems. 🙂

Let’s hope for a great next template in the next week or 2…

kajantek Friend

I’m sure next template will be a great one…

TomC Moderator

Okay then . . . since many of you are so adamant about “I paid for 24 templates a year” and/or seem to think the solution is simply “JA should hire more developers,” then when the twice monthly template releases are a bit late and/or if the innovation/quality of the templates are not what you would have hoped for – then perhaps you should hold your tongue about “what happened to the high quality” and/or “why is the template release late,” or “this looks a little like this other template,” etc.

If you all are not willing to compromise a bit, then perhaps you should try to not take so much for granted and you should show relative consideration for the time constraints and relative effort that goes into creating and programming these templates.

kajantek Friend

I think everybody should feel free to express his own opinion, that’ s what I call democracy.
    You and joomlart staff are not obliget to justify automatically each kind of dissatisfaction.
    In reverse, it could be nice to assume what people feel and develop joomlart projects further on…

it’s just my opionion….

bigrk Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 54917 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay then . . . since many of you are so adamant about “I paid for 24 templates a year” and/or seem to think the solution is simply “JA should hire more developers,” then when the twice monthly template releases are a bit late and/or if the innovation/quality of the templates are not what you would have hoped for – then perhaps you should hold your tongue about “what happened to the high quality” and/or “why is the template release late,” or “this looks a little like this other template,” etc.

If you all are not willing to compromise a bit, then perhaps you should try to not take so much for granted and you should show relative consideration for the time constraints and relative effort that goes into creating and programming these templates.</blockquote>

It must be easy to for anyone who performs a service for you Tom. I guess if you take your car in for an oil change and they keep it for a couple extra days it wouldn’t really bother you. Or after you waited a couple extra days to get it back and all the oil drains out while you’re driving home because they forgot to tighten the filter properly that would also be okay. I’m sure at that point you will be very considerate of their not having enough time to get the job done properly because they didn’t want to hire someone to do it right in the first place. How silly it would be to assume you would get the service you paid for because they said they would do it. JA has made a commitment to 24 templates a year and then set up a process of delivering 2 a month. They also get to make a few bucks along the way but hey they already have your money so why should anyone complain when they don’t deliver on their promises.

mfcphil Friend

While I agree with Tom about the idea of One template a month….I have to say that everyone is entitled to complain if they are not getting what they paid for.

I was like you Tom and thought everyone was wrong to say bad things about the service but I started to think like Bigrk and had to step back and look at the bigger picture. While JoomlArt continue to charge people for two template a month they MUST deliver two templates a month. Untill such time as a compromise is made where everyone is happy with any new way of running JoomlArt things will remain the same and this Stupid argument will keep getting brought back up time and time again.

As it is now JoomlArt sell two templates a month so must provide two templates a month on time and up to their usual high standard, if the standard drops I’m sure the number of returning members would drop also.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mfcphil 54937 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    As it is now JoomlArt sell two templates a month so must provide two templates a month on time and up to their usual high standard, if the standard drops I’m sure the number of returning members would drop also.</blockquote>
    Well, if I were Hung, I would very seriously and strongly consider changing to a one-a-month template delivery system – just like pretty much ALL of the other Joomla Template Clubs out there. As consideration for such a switch (for existing paid members), a complimentary mebership period extension could be offered/provided.

The price that JA charges tfor it’s basic membership is on par with just about every other Template Club out there – most of whom are on a one-a-month template release schedule. Right now, I see as JA’s greatest competition being TemplatePlazza . . . high quality, function rich and ONE TEMPLATE A MONTH. From what I see, such has not hindered TP’s new or recurring membership rate one bit.

Again, I may be in the minority in my opinion, but I feel as though a great many members here take the time, creativity and skill that goes into development of Joomla based templates for granted. It’s very much like a child who has no financial responsibility as they are growing up – they simply assume and expect food on the table, gas in the car and a roof over their head. It is not until these children grow up, mature and start to understand how the real world works that they realize that in order for these things to function as they do, it takes hard work and effort.

I see the attitude amongst many a JA member here as one of QUANTITY over QUALITY. And then, because they want quantity, they complain about the quality without truly considering the factors involved.

VisiGod Friend

It is the case, when they are in hurry and delay with the templates, just change the background and few images of some old and release it as new.
    Not very friendly from customer point of view. Anyway, there is no exact definition of template. Actually they can one color, rename it and legaly none can tell them something.

VisiGod Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 54942 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Again, I may be in the minority in my opinion, but I feel as though a great many members here take the time, creativity and skill that goes into development of Joomla based templates for granted. It’s very much like a child who has no financial responsibility as they are growing up – they simply assume and expect food on the table, gas in the car and a roof over their head. It is not until these children grow up, mature and start to understand how the real world works that they realize that in order for these things to function as they do, it takes hard work and effort.

I see the attitude amongst many a JA member here as one of QUANTITY over QUALITY. And then, because they want quantity, they complain about the quality without truly considering the factors involved.</blockquote>

Tom, Tom, Tom,
    you gave the most proper example: kids are growing and at some moment they should take care of themselves, afterwards of their husband/wife, afterwards of children … and in order this to happen you can not behave as a child.
    What is seen here is whatever the number of the club members and competition increases, JA still think they are children and that they are just growing up, without the need to change a bit their minds and probably to have some additional responsibilities corresponding to their age, status etc. Maybe its time for JA to have children (i.e. additional designers/developers). 🙂

mfcphil Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 54942 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I see the attitude amongst many a JA member here as one of QUANTITY over QUALITY. And then, because they want quantity, they complain about the quality without truly considering the factors involved.</blockquote>

Tom they pay for both, so its pretty realistic to expect both 😉

TomC Moderator

<em>@mfcphil 54946 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom they pay for both, so its pretty realistic to expect both ;)</blockquote>
    Okay … Then Hung needs to seriously re-evaluate the workflow and business structure and make a firm determination of what he and his Development Staff are realistically able to accomplish in terms of quantity and quality.

If, in trying to meet the quantity expectation, the quality suffers (as many – such as VisiGod above – voice that they feel it often times does), then Hung needs to make a firm decision on how he is going to handle the situation . . . that is, if he wishes JoomlART to maintain it’s reputation for QUALITY Joomla templates.

Let’s face the facts – not all the people will be pleased all the time. Heck, there are plenty of JoomlART templates I’m not crazy about.
    I simply don’t bother with them.

Above all, clear and concise communication is a necessity – no matter what the ultimate decision would be.

😎

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

This topic contains 51 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  VisiGod 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum