Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JA office will be closed from 6th to 12th Feb 2008 for Lunar New Year Holiday. We do have one person on duty to monitor urgent problems but standard support will be very limited during the holiday time.

Happy New Year!

JA Team

Michael Casha Friend

I’m also here every day!

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@ShannonN 39468 wrote:</em><blockquote>as I said std support is limited at anytime</blockquote>
    Sure is! You know why? Because you keep posting.. sorry trolling about things which aren’t true.

1. You claim JA don’t pay staff – they do
    2. Every month you come here telling us the templates are bad – you need to see other’s may like it
    3. You are on the bandwagon telling us we’re making false claims because none of the quickstarts work – we are fixing the bugs that have been reported to us, and we are not making false claims.

elfenwald Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 39470 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    3. You are on the bandwagon telling us we’re making false claims because none of the quickstarts work – we are fixing the bugs that have been reported to us, and we are not making false claims.</blockquote>

…well, I am part of that bandwaggon, so just to clarify: in your sales copy you say “Joomla 1.5 compatible”, in your emails you say it, and on the forums (not visible before the money is gone) you say the updated versions are “beta”. So you ARE making false claims, be it intentionally or not.

And I am not talking about “moving the logo from left to right” or some esoteric components, but plain basic J!-functionality like the quickstart packs working with SEF enabled.

So unless you inform your customers BEFORE the purchase that they have to expect problems with 1.5 for the time being and should expect a couple of days/weeks of bugfixing, you are making false claims. No dispute needed on that.

BTW – not sure if banning one of the few persons who are trying to help new members and actually doing what JA staff should be doing is a smart move. But of course thats up to you.

mfcphil Friend

Happy Holidays JoomlArt

depaulus Friend

I’m afraid what Elfenwald stated is true, I shoped around, before purchasing a “Template Club” there are plenty to choose from, and all have some really nice templates as do JA, BUT the reason I went ahead and choose for JA, was because it CLEARLY states that the templates are
    Joomla 1.5 compatible, this turns out to be not true.. To be honest, it does not bother me too much, I’m not in any rush, and can wait, but the fact that I do feel a bit cheated does leave me with a bitter taste..
    Let’s hope you are kind enough to give us a Free periode at the end of the year.. for all the waiting we have to do before JA delivers what it promised.

Good Luck with the updating, and the hard work you all do, and believe me I know you guys work hard.

Regards.

de P

<em>@Elfenwald 39480 wrote:</em><blockquote>…well, I am part of that bandwaggon, so just to clarify: in your sales copy you say “Joomla 1.5 compatible”, in your emails you say it, and on the forums (not visible before the money is gone) you say the updated versions are “beta”. So you ARE making false claims, be it intentionally or not.

And I am not talking about “moving the logo from left to right” or some esoteric components, but plain basic J!-functionality like the quickstart packs working with SEF enabled.

So unless you inform your customers BEFORE the purchase that they have to expect problems with 1.5 for the time being and should expect a couple of days/weeks of bugfixing, you are making false claims. No dispute needed on that.

BTW – not sure if banning one of the few persons who are trying to help new members and actually doing what JA staff should be doing is a smart move. But of course thats up to you.</blockquote>

donq Friend

…I am also waiting… :((
    In my case, for 2 templates the J!1.5 versions – this is “JA Rochea” and “JA Larix”. And I need them badly now!

And yes, I also have a understanding for the big job, upgrading the templates into J! 1.5 versions.
    But at the same time, a promise is still a promise – specialy when we pay for it. Right?

So, I think “depaulus” came up with a god idea, to satisfy all parts:
    Extend the membeship until the end of the year, for free.
    Becurse, in this way, the “JA Team” have the proper time to do thier work right, and the members dont have to panic. I see a lot of members are getting more and more upset over the promises, in this forum. Absolutly not god for your business…

Furthermore, you can make a poll, in wich order, the members have most interest and needs for templates.

If you do those 2 things, the members will think you are serius and hardworking, and listen to your members.
    Then, I am shure, you will score great respect and understanding. :-*

Kindly regards:
    DonQ

<em>@depaulus 39795 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m afraid what Elfenwald stated is true, I shoped around, before purchasing a “Template Club” there are plenty to choose from, and all have some really nice templates as do JA, BUT the reason I went ahead and choose for JA, was because it CLEARLY states that the templates are
    Joomla 1.5 compatible, this turns out to be not true.. To be honest, it does not bother me too much, I’m not in any rush, and can wait, but the fact that I do feel a bit cheated does leave me with a bitter taste..
    Let’s hope you are kind enough to give us a Free periode at the end of the year.. for all the waiting we have to do before JA delivers what it promised.

Good Luck with the updating, and the hard work you all do, and believe me I know you guys work hard.

Regards.

de P</blockquote>

Michael Casha Friend

If your subscription is about to end, or has ended recently you can email me and I will send you the Joomla 1.5 files!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum