Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi. When I put a separator in a menu using this template JA Travel (selecting option->separator text), the text disappears. Only the small line appears below. How can I fix it? (I can’t provide a link because my web is under development in localhost.
    Thanks in advance

Two screenshots:

The menu is not in home. So the unchecked home box should not affect. I tried other menus in other positions and pages and no way to display text.

1. backend
    2. frontend
    chavan Friend

just upload it in the demoserver and let us know. Since it is a css fix. we have to look at it to suggest you

aeneas Friend

I’m sorry. I’m new here. Where is the demoserver? A link to read about it? Thxs.

chavan Friend

i said you would have an demoserver and asked you to upload there.

There is no demoserver here.

aeneas Friend

Ok. I have created a replica of your template and I have published two different menus (fruit shop, -in the left-, and User menu (top content), both with a separator. The menu does not display the text of the separator in either cases, as it happened to my localhost site. The menus are published in all pages, both home and inside, but the behavior is the same: do not display text separators. When I change the template, the same menus do show the text of the separator.
    This is the URL of the home (http://travel.enlondres.com), where they are both menus, or other inside: http://travel.enlondres.com/index.php/82-demo/top-rated-hotels-in-france/85-curabitur-tristique. The behavior is the same.
    Please, tell me if you need the user and password to access to the administrator to send it you.
    Thanks a lot.

aeneas Friend

to focus the problem if it helps you: when I move the menu to the slideshow position, it shows text separator. See attachment.

1. text-separator
    chavan Friend

I got it. please post your Admin details in PM. Let me checkout the Menu Manager

chavan Friend

do you want the menu to show like the attached image ?

1. Aviary-travel-enlondres-com-Picture-1
    aeneas Friend

yes, that is, to display the text when using separators

chavan Friend

Go to this file http://travel.enlondres.com/templates/ja_travel/css/template.css

Add this code

#ja-left ul.menu span.separator {
    display:block;
    }

I’m still confused what is exactly the fix, try adding the above and let me know if that fixes the issue

aeneas Friend

I added the code and fix the menu in that position, left bar (screenshot 1), but not the rest. If you see the screenshot 2, if I move the same menu to content-top, stop displaying it. Should I add this line to the css for each of the positions in which I will use a menu with text separators? Thanks.

1. screenshot1-sidebar
    2. screenshot2-content-top
    chavan Friend

Remove the Previously Suggested code and add this code

#Clsmenu span.separator { display:block; }

Also where ever and what ever module you create, If you need a separator to display . add “Clsmenu” to the Menu Tag ID in Advanced Options in the Module. check the attached image.

1. Aviary-travel-enlondres-com-Picture-2
    aeneas Friend

I’m afraid it does not work. I made the suggested changes, but without success. I added the CSS code and the ID in the module, but nothing has changed. See atachments

1. step-by-step
    aeneas Friend

Any other ideas to fix the problem with this template?

chavan Friend

post your admin details in PM, will have a look at it and get it solved for you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum