Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a strange problem on my site. I made a website which worked fine for about a week, then it started to work strangely. There is only a mainpage and the rest is noe there. It is there but it doesn’t make sense. Menus don’t function properly, neither a templateö.

Just look at the site and click any other menu to see what i mean.

http://www.alsterbildungsring.de

Any help will be appreciated.

JC

Phill Moderator

Try switching of sef to see if that is causing the problem. Make sure you clear your cache afterwards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Did you modify your template.css? The file size of template.css on your site and from the Joomlart demo doesnot match.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

aaah. din realise phil had already answered that.

Phill Moderator

That looks better.

Jackie_chan Friend

Thanks for comments

I tried to switch off CEF and cleaned cash as phill mentioned and the site started to function again. Thanks indeed. Such a petty thing as CEF can destroy your mood 🙂

However, the Slideshow is not as it how is supposed to be: it stretches to the whole slideshow-area and it is not like on demo where the images are neatly centered with slight distnaces from all sides. What could be wrong??? Oh yes, I have made changes to template.css: changed the width of slideshow area from 70% to 100%, and enabled Slideshow to work without bulletin.

JC

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

lol, Jackie it was Phill who suggested sef issue. I was late in suggesting that and so i modified my post. Thanks to Phill. I was busy comparing the missing files from your site with that of the demo site. So, did not refresh the page and typed in my reply, without realizing the phill beat me to it :p

regards

arvind

wooohanetworks Friend

To just turn it off is not the solution. The solution is to enable it but making the right changes so that the function is actually working like it should work. This function is working by default correctly, most people simply forget some things.

Those are also mentioned in the docs and some language wise localized tutorials. For this case, I would suggest that the member may visit Joomla.de or also to look over the forum at http://www.joomlaportal.de to get some facts why the site crashes when SEF is “enabled”.

Basically, you also may turn on “Mod Rewrite” and rename the default htaccess file to .htaccess.

Furthermore I suggest to go to the JED and look for sh404 and ArtioSEF, both are better SEF solutions. You may install one of those SEF Tools and will see the difference. BUT, never to forget, you still may turn on the SEF in the Joomla Config section to allow the SEF Components to work.

There is no such case that SEF crashes a site unless a user makes changes to the site that will completely disallow to use a SEF tool but this is very very rare, the parameters in the Joomla admin must be set correctly and all will work out fine.

Phill Moderator

<em>@wooohanetworks 119674 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    There is no such case that SEF crashes a site unless a user makes changes to the site that will completely disallow to use a SEF tool but this is very very rare, the parameters in the Joomla admin must be set correctly and all will work out fine.</blockquote>

There are also some server issues beyond the control of many users that can prevent the use of SEF and cause a site to crash.

At the moment though I see a few other problems with the site that probably have a higher priority such as a menu appearing over the content on the right and the slideshow not functioning properly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum