Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Please take a look at the picture:
    the link: http://jroh.us/index.php/jroh-photography

I don’t know why it is appear there..
    is mybe because the setting? or the error of the template..

1. 1213
    khoand Friend

I can’t see it. There is snapshot of your website on my browser.

1. Jroh-Photograhpy
    irfandi Friend

I have dissable it..
    the thing is, everytime I put some sub category, than It just showed up like the picture I attached earlier…:((
    So, for now, I can’t make any sub category at all in my site.

khoand Friend

Could you give me username+password of your backend and ftp? I will check it.

khoand Friend

You add this code into /templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css

.cat-children {
    display: none;
    }

irfandi Friend

Thanks Khoand…it works well after I add that code..:)

John Wesley Brett Moderator

The problem with “display: none” is that if you ever want to show Sub-Categories, you’ll have to remove the code…and then it will pop up for every piece of content you were trying to protect previously.

Best practice is simply to turn it off at the source.

GOTO: CONTENT > ARTICLE MANAGER and then click the OPTIONS button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

In the OPTIONS window select CATEGORY TAB > and HIDE “SubCategories Descriptions”
    It looks like you have hidden all the other instances of SubCategory visibility (CATEGORIES and BLOG/FEATURED LAYOUTS). Perhaps you simply overlooked that one. 🙂

Joomla, for all its power, often takes the longest path to reach a destination.

Have fun!
    John.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum