Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Why is that code annoying? MS wrote it for a reason (cos their browser is cack) and if it works and passes wc3 why not use it?

Why did I rise?

mfcphil Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 129447 wrote:</em><blockquote>We frequently see members showcasing websites they have created, but rarely do we read about the success of the websites – socially, financially, or otherwise. Let’s hear some success stories from JA members who have utilized JA products as part of their website projects – especially those whom have integrated an ecommerce aspect into their sites.</blockquote>

Sorry Tom lets get your thread back on track 😉

Phill Moderator

questbg,

Just taken a look at your british lion food site (which incidently also has IE8 problems) and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I would like to know how you get the product list esch with its own add to cart button on a normal page like you do. I could really use that layout in a site I am working on and it needs to be a normal article layout as that is the way the catslwi module linking to the page works.

I also like the simple cart module you use. Where did you get that?

questbg Friend

Hi Phil

Thanks for the heads up with IE8, I’ll sort that today!

I’m using Simple Caddy for the shopping cart (client didn’t like VM – far too complicated for his needs):
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e%252dcommerce/shopping-cart/4148/details

It’s free and a piece of cake to install and configure!

As for the products display, it’s a bit of a fudge to be honest! Each product is actually an article with no read more. Just a brief description and then the code to add the ‘Add to Cart’ button!

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers
    Chris

Phill Moderator

Excellent stuff. What is the add to cart code?

questbg Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 130089 wrote:</em><blockquote>Excellent stuff. What is the add to cart code?</blockquote>

Hi Phill … not that I should be hijacking Tom’s thread … but … 😀

It really is a piece of cake to use Simple Caddy.

For instance, in the backend component, first of all create a new ‘product’ as follows:

Then, in the Article editor, just insert the product code for the new product as follows:

That’s it. Just publish the new product and the ‘Add to Cart’ stuff is taken care of on the front end:

Alternatively, if you can’t be bothered typing the code, just click the ‘Caddy’ button in the Editor:

and then select your product from a pop-up list:

and the code will be automatically inserted into the article.

I’ve contacted the developer on a few occasions as I needed to hack a bit of code to change the front end results … he always responds fast and is most helpful.

He was actually amazed as he thought Simple Caddy would only handle an online store with around 20-30 products … I’m up to about 450 and still going and have had no problems at all.

There’s a few other features that I don’t use which could be useful on other sites. For instance if you have one product with, say, five options (S/M/L/XL/XXL for instance) you don’t need to set up all five products, just set up the one and you can add radio buttons for the options which are then reflected in the order.

Hope that helps!
    Chris

jonpaul Friend

Wow – the configuration really does look great!
    I am now obligated to start using that module.

Thanks. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jonpaul 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum