Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Created a new theme named abcd through Thememagic, but I can’t seem to apply the new theme. Please help.

TomC Moderator

Did you follow the steps outlined here? —> http://www.joomlart.com/video-tutorials/t3-framework/thememagic-custom

trackitbd Friend

I already tried that. Used a deep colour to make it obvious. Would you please have a look?

thomas314 Friend

Its the same for me.

Changes made in ThemeMagic are not applied on the homepage front view.

What I did:

– Went to ThemeMagic
    – Changed Brand Primary Color from Blue to Red
    – Click on “Preview” worked (Color changed to Red)
    – Saved As “Theme Red”
    – In Template Manager / Theme: changed from default to “Theme Red”
    – Did it for both, Home and Default style (current style)
    – save

-> no change appears (also not after cache cleaning)

Something missed ?

Thanks for feedback

trackitbd Friend

Well I solved the issue. For me it was as follows:

1. Using the default theme as default, open the layout configuration panel, switch to “features-intro” layout (Current Style).
    2. Go to theme and set Theme Red as theme
    3. Then go to Assignment and check the Home (Main Menu)
    4. Save and You are done

Thanks

thomas314 Friend

Browsing through different forums here I just found out this is an issue for a few people. Theme changes made with ThemeMagic do not apply.

I understood that the #developmentteam is already investigating it, right?

thomas314 Friend

<em>@trackitbd 486569 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well I solved the issue. For me it was as follows:

1. Using the default theme as default, open the layout configuration panel, switch to “features-intro” layout (Current Style).
    2. Go to theme and set Theme Red as theme
    3. Then go to Assignment and check the Home (Main Menu)
    4. Save and You are done

Thanks</blockquote>

Doesn’t work for me, no matter which sublayout used.
    There is also no difference (for the theme settings) if I use Default or Home template.

(I use UBER template)

thomas314 Friend

Now, I could change the colour.

What I did is at the template manager / my home theme / to click on the button </>LESS to CSS (for the new style “Theme Red” only), and save.

Can anybody explain me if it is general a good idea to press the </>LESS to CSS button?

I have some idea about that button, but at what circumstances one should actually use this button?

Thanks for your comments!

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Please let me explain a little bit about these matters so you can have better understanding :

1. After made change to the theme via ThemeMagic, make sure that you activated that theme in template setting >>> Theme.

2. Next is the LESS to CSS. Let assume that you want to modify template LESS files rather than add CSS rule to custom.css file.

The first step is to open template setting >>> enable Development Mode so all less files are parsed to temporary folder (normally it’s t3-assets)

After you have finished, you will have to parse back all changes to CSS files by hitting the button Compile LESS to CSS, otherwise they will be lost if you disable Development Mode.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Please let me explain a little bit about these matters so you can have better understanding :

1. After made change to the theme via ThemeMagic, make sure that you activated that theme in template setting >>> Theme.

2. Next is the LESS to CSS. Let assume that you want to modify template LESS files rather than add CSS rule to custom.css file.

The first step is to open template setting >>> enable Development Mode so all less files are parsed to temporary folder (normally it’s t3-assets)

After you have finished, you will have to parse back all changes to CSS files by hitting the button Compile LESS to CSS, otherwise they will be lost if you disable Development Mode.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum