Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

After my first post I removed the modules with Addthis Widget in it! But after reviewing my server log I found the following info in it from this widget, which is related directly to this template! And I would like to know are there any other links in this template that I have to remove? From the info below its clear to see Addthis.com it trying to index my website. I have to many requests to put in this post but here is a few lines….

184.173.183.173 – – [14/Dec/2013:12:47:31 -0600] “GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1” 307 374 “-” “AddThis.com robot tech.support@clearspring.com
    184.173.183.173 – – [14/Dec/2013:12:47:31 -0600] “GET /xxx.html HTTP/1.1” 200 406 “-” “AddThis.com robot tech.support@clearspring.com
    184.173.183.173 – – [14/Dec/2013:12:47:31 -0600] “GET /xxx/?view=fullpage HTTP/1.1” 307 388 “-” “AddThis.com robot tech.support@clearspring.com
    184.173.183.173 – – [14/Dec/2013:12:47:31 -0600] “GET /xxx.html?view=fullpage HTTP/1.1” 200 406 “-” “AddThis.com robot tech.support@clearspring.com

If you use this template can you please check your server logs to see what this widget is doing! And because I can’t get a clear answer from Joomlart I am going to have tech support go through my site to see what Joomlart widget has place on my system…

I also found other complains on the internet about this Addthis.com robot that don’t make me feel comfortable having it anywhere never my data…. I believe when Joomlart has a tracking service component or widget attached to a template it is selling, notice should be clearly stated!

from the internet:

Apparently the AddThis.com robot is trying to access my node/XX/edit pages.

Watchdog:

Type access denied
    Date Tuesday, May 7, 2013 – 21:31
    Location http://www.———-.com/node/86/edit
    Referrer
    Message node/86/edit
    Severity warning
    Hostname 184.173.183.171
    Is this normal? I don’t understand it.

Probably unrelated, but that IP is showing up in my server logs on a regular basis, but I don’t understand what it’s doing:

HIRALDESAI NOV 15, 2013 10:03PM EST
    Hi there,

I have addthis javascript referenced in all pages of the site but the sharing only enabled on some of the pages. However I’m seeing high traffic from HTTP_USER_AGENT – “AddThis.com robot techsupport@clearspring.com” and IP Address – “184.173.183.170”.

1) Why would addthis robot crawl pages it’s not supposed to crawl?
    2) What do I need to do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Again I don’t use the service because of all the problems people have removing the JS from the system and any widget that Joomlart uses that based on tracking or connect to a social network should be disable…and each member of Joomlart should have the right to enable a widget, component or plugin that might put their website or members at risk!

phong nam Friend

Hi,

On the JA Obelisk template, our developers did use the AddThis sharing codes at 3 areas that you can refer and remove if needed:

– The social icons on the header cection: Go to Module manager >> find a Custom HTML module named: Social header. Disable or remove the embed codes.

– On the item layout of JA Content Slider module and K2 Categories in templatesja_obeliskhtmlcom_k2ja_obeliskcategory_item.php and templatesja_obeliskhtmlmod_jacontentslider/default-home.php file with same codes:

<!-- Addthis button -->
    <div class="shareon">
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <a class="addthis_button_compact" addthis:userid="joomlart" addthis:url="<?php echo $this->item->link; ?>"><i class="icon-share"></i></a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-52609ad90c3efe1e"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->
    </div>
    <!-- End addthis -->
    </div>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum