Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello.

Thank you for a lovely template.

I need to do some significant image modifications to meet a customer need. For the most part, I can figure things out. But I am being stumped by one thing….

Here is the url to the site: http://www.thepuddleduck.com

I need to use a background tile that the customer created. I can only seem to get it to work in the area above the content. There are two specific things I need your help with:

1) The tile appears to be “starting over” in the space immediately behind the header image and I need this to not be there (just use the tile for the overall background).

2) The tile does not appear at all in the content area. For this area, I’ve created the image that is normally the flowers (on your default template) to be a transparent .gif and as you can see, some of it is showing up over the tile in the header area. What can I do to get the tile to show up as the background in general (for a standard web site, I would add the tile in the body tag, but for this site I know something else needs to happen, I just don’t know what).

Thank you very much for your help!!

Anne

bennitos Friend

i think you want to do the following:

open your template_css.css file and go to line 855

you will find a line wich looks like the following:

background: transparent url(../images/body-narrow-bg.gif) no-repeat scroll center top

change this to:

background:transparent url(../images/images/bg.jpg) repeat scroll center top;

now you have the same tile for the complete background

wooohanetworks Friend

Does not look like Paritii at all no more…

BTW, I see there that you also, still have to change the copyright notice in the footer of the site, as it displays the default 2005 – Placeholder from Calendar date.:)

I think you can change this in the index.php in the templates folder to the year your client started business or to e.g. 2008 – Placeholder from Calendar date. 😉

If it is not the index.php, just ask me and I will get back my memory what file it was….:D

Have fun!

andersonannem Friend

Thank you for the response. I tried what you suggested but could not make a change. Below I’ve include code from three of the stylings within the template_css.css that I’ve been modifying back and forth. None of these can get rid of that white space I’m seeing and and show the tile.

I guess this is a little tricker than I expected because not only do I want to use a tile as the general background, but I want to continue to use the body-narrow-bg.jpg image (the one I changed) because of a requirement of the client to have a specific type of image show up.

Yeah, I haven’t made final modifications to the footer yet, but thanks for the reminder. I’m still too focused on the background images.

Any other suggestions? Do I have a white background color somewhere that’s messing this up?

Thank you!!

#ja-containerwrap, #ja-containerwrap-f, #ja-containerwrap-c {
    background: url(../images/bg.gif) repeat top center;
    }

.narrow #ja-containerwrap,
    .narrow #ja-containerwrap-f,
    .narrow #ja-containerwrap-c {
    background:transparent url(../images/bg.gif) repeat scroll center top;
    }

#ja-container {
    background:transparent url(../images/bg.gif) repeat scroll center top;
    }

bennitos Friend

You changed it to .gif and not to .jpg thats why its not working

see screenshot:

bg.GIF does not exist so it says white

1. joomla
    andersonannem Friend

Thank you Bennitos.

This solution took me back to when I used to program full time. Sometimes after looking at something for so long, you become blind to the obvious and need a second pair of eyes to see what you are missing.

Using the correct file extension resolved this problem.

Anne

questbg Friend

Easily done Anne … I do that all the time! 😀

Great looking site by the way, congratulations

bennitos Friend

glad it worked out 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bennitos 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum