Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have changed the locale in this case UTC + 10, but the Day on the template shows it is Monday when in fact its Tuesday – The problem resolves in the afternoon, so I’m 12 hours out. Any suggestions welcome.

oddcstrand Friend

Can you please tell me how to change the time? Need to get other timezone than server..

Mikey2 Friend

yes I have this prob too…….how come no replies

Khanh Le Moderator

The solutions for changing the date here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/changing-the-date/

square Friend

I have the same problem. Changed locale to UTC +12, which is reporting fine under Joomla, but in Teline’s ja-day section having tinkered around a little, I’m getting a MDT (-6) instead!?

Help?

The thread Khanh Le talks of doesn’t actually answer this question.

square Friend

<em>@square 17469 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same problem. Changed locale to UTC +12, which is reporting fine under Joomla, but in Teline’s ja-day section having tinkered around a little, I’m getting a MDT (-6) instead!?

Help?

The thread Khanh Le talks of doesn’t actually answer this question.</blockquote>
    I think I solved it.

Adding:

putenv(“TZ=Pacific/Auckland”);

seems to change it to +12 quite well.

So the code now reads:

<div class=”ja-day”>
    <?php
    putenv(“TZ=Pacific/Auckland”);
    echo “<span>”.date (‘l’).”</span>”;
    echo ” <div>”.date (‘M’).” “.date (‘d’).date (‘S’).”</div>”;
    ?>
    </div>

Full list of strings are here: http://www.theprojects.org/dev/zone.txt.

Khanh Le Moderator

Glad to hear that you solved it and thank you for sharing, square 🙂 .

wbtnz Friend

Thanks square. This really helped! This should be a sticky somewhere because I count about a dozen people who are asking this question in the forum.
    Cheers,
    Greg

square Friend

<em>@wbtnz 18604 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks square. This really helped! This should be a sticky somewhere because I count about a dozen people who are asking this question in the forum.
    Cheers,
    Greg</blockquote>

Cheers Greg. Quite chuffed that I cracked that nut as I am relatively amateur in coding. Feel free to visit the site that gave me the trouble in the first place: Rogue Magazine. Now I’m having issues with the poll – its returning an “unauthorised message” even though by my checks I have set everything right, live site etc etc.

Argh.

Help?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  square 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum