Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

This has been an ongoing issue since I used the Quickstart to install the Galena template.

The Tiny MCE editor has never worked. When I try to do a new article or edit an existing article in the backend, haven’t tried in the front end, all I get is the page to add the new article and it loads with done but with errors. I am using IE7.

This has not been a problem for me since using No Editor is fine, but my son will want to update the site himself at some point and I need an editor for him that works.

Please help. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

URL is the site is loaded into a subdirectory if that makes any difference on how this editor will work.

Thanks!

imsleepy Friend

Maybe I should clarify that there is a big blank space where the editor should be. I just went to globals and turned on the No Editor option instead, but sure would like to see something besides a big blank space where the Tiny MCE Editor should be.

Thanks again.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Why don’t you tried other WYSIWYG?JCE is the best:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors/88/details

imsleepy Friend

<em>@sfpkent 118780 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors/88/details</blockquote>

I will give that a try. I tried the other editor that was installed with the Quickstart XStandard Lite 2.0 it says. That didn’t work either. Not even a big empty box. Absolutely nothing. Was beginning to wonder if I am having some sort of browser compatibility issues, but the Tiny MCE editor works fine in my Teline II installation. Seems like something to do with my Galena installation is buggy.

Thanks! I’ll let you know if this other editor works.

imsleepy Friend

<em>@sfpkent 118780 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors/88/details</blockquote>

WOW! That editor is pretty darn fabulous! Wish I had asked this question a month ago! I have been using the No Editor option and coding it all myself. Figured I would get around to the editor problem when I was close to turning over the site to my son.

Thanks a bunch!!!! 😀

questbg Friend

I’m with jsliao … once I tried JCE there was no going back to TinyMCE!!!

imsleepy Friend

<em>@questbg 118787 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m with jsliao … once I tried JCE there was no going back to TinyMCE!!!</blockquote>

I can see why! I have a feeling I am going to say the same thing. My son is going to love this editor! 😀

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Yup, that’s why I always recommend new joomla users to use JCE. There is another very good editor as well, which is JoomlaFCK editor:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors

Since I don’t want to confuse new users, normally I don’t recommend this.

imsleepy Friend

<em>@sfpkent 118789 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Yup, that’s why I always recommend new joomla users to use JCE. There is another very good editor as well, which is JoomlaFCK editor:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors

Since I don’t want to confuse new users, normally I don’t recommend this.</blockquote>

Well shoot, now I am going to have to go look at that too. Which is better in your humble opinion? :confused:

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

If we talk about functions, JCE (a lot of functions) is better than FCK but FCK (simple and lighter), load faster than JCE. So, it really depends personal preference. 🙂

You can try both of them and choose yourself.

jsliao Friend

<em>@questbg 118787 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m with jsliao … once I tried JCE there was no going back to TinyMCE!!!</blockquote>

i didnt reccomend JCE. In fact, i’ve nv used it since TinyMCE has nv given me problems… lol! i think you actually meant sfpkent

sfpkent Friend

Actually I was thinking of that too. :laugh:

I thought maybe jsliao recommended somewhere else. Haha!

questbg Friend

Doh! :-[

Sorry about that sfpkent … seems I had a brain overload for moment! 😀

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

No problem, the main purpose is to help imsleepy. As long as we can help imsleepy, I am happy. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum