Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

At a beginning , I want to emphasize that this post is not written to offend anyone, including other members, JA team…it’s written with clear head, after some deep thinking and experience from using JA, and it’s my subjective opinion.

1. Everything on front and demo page is false.
    Everything looks and works fine, until you purchase JA membership. Then, you are in serious problems (template bugs, no fully editable source files, no support…).

2. New templates are cool
    Yes, every month we have 2 more templates to deal with. And they look great.

3. Forum are great place to lamenting, and chatting
    Without support, JA members can only cry to each other and nothing else. Yes, some problems are solved, but not major ones.

4. JA Team do not have scruple toward members and their paying for templates.
    It seems to me that JA management is only considering how to take your money and nothing else.

5. JA Team are not open minded regarding template customization.
    If you need to change something regarding template customization, JA will not help you, unless you pay for it, again.

….

So, what is my conclusion:

JA Team, do not have enough time to deal with customers problems/wishes/requests/problem solving/bug fixing… Also, by my opinion, which I really do not understand everything here regarding templates (which include source files, code, customization…) is under some kind of secret. JA Team is not willing to share their knowledge or any kind of informations.

What I really do not understand is complete lack of JA team for new ideas from members. If you are going develop your projects/business and survive on market, you have to listen your customers and their opinions and demands. If you ignore them, soon, they will go to someone else. Soon, that counting number on front page will go down.

Lack of support is story for itself. Why? Cause, there is no support. As I am member on 3 major template designers clubs (Rockettheme, YooJoomla, Shape5) and here, and I can tell you: there are not such ignorance by support management like here! On some sites, I will not tell you which one (don’t want to advertise someone), support will do anything that you want (customize template: change colors, add new modules, add new postions, even change layout) without asking you to pay. They are willing to spend whole night with you to help you to solve your problems.

And one more thing: No more money from me JA. You make me fool for once, but again…not me. There is proverb in my country: “Only fools are looking forward to promises”.

veohtv Friend

Hi,

Yes. I 100% Agree With You 🙂

One of VeohTV Staff,
    VeohTV Inc.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tempusserbia 43627 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    And one more thing: No more money from me JA. You make me fool for once, but again…not me. There is proverb in my country: “Only fools are looking forward to promises”.</blockquote>

Good . . . One less “hold my hand / do everything for me” whiner, the better.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@tempusserbia 43627 wrote:</em><blockquote>At a beginning , I want to emphasize that this post is not written to offend anyone, including other members, JA team…it’s written with clear head, after some deep thinking and experience from using JA, and it’s my subjective opinion.

Everything looks and works fine, until you purchase JA membership. Then, you are in serious problems (template bugs, no fully editable source files, no support…).

Yes, every month we have 2 more templates to deal with. And they look great.

Without support, JA members can only cry to each other and nothing else. Yes, some problems are solved, but not major ones.

It seems to me that JA management is only considering how to take your money and nothing else.

If you need to change something regarding template customization, JA will not help you, unless you pay for it, again.

….

JA Team, do not have enough time to deal with customers problems/wishes/requests/problem solving/bug fixing… Also, by my opinion, which I really do not understand everything here regarding templates (which include source files, code, customization…) is under some kind of secret. JA Team is not willing to share their knowledge or any kind of informations.

What I really do not understand is complete lack of JA team for new ideas from members. If you are going develop your projects/business and survive on market, you have to listen your customers and their opinions and demands. If you ignore them, soon, they will go to someone else. Soon, that counting number on front page will go down.

Lack of support is story for itself. Why? Cause, there is no support. As I am member on 3 major template designers clubs (Rockettheme, YooJoomla, Shape5) and here, and I can tell you: there are not such ignorance by support management like here! On some sites, I will not tell you which one (don’t want to advertise someone), support will do anything that you want (customize template: change colors, add new modules, add new postions, even change layout) without asking you to pay. They are willing to spend whole night with you to help you to solve your problems.

And one more thing: No more money from me JA. You make me fool for once, but again…not me. There is proverb in my country: “Only fools are looking forward to promises”.</blockquote>
    I just wanted to mention what you see in the demo is what you get.. it’s the exact same thing on both systems.

bigrk Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 47616 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just wanted to mention what you see in the demo is what you get.. it’s the exact same thing on both systems.</blockquote>

I sorry MiCCAS but I don’t understand what you are trying to say here. Could you please re-phrase? What are the both systems you are referring to?

bigrk Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 47609 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good . . . One less “hold my hand / do everything for me” whiner, the better.</blockquote>

You are better off not responding to these type of posts and let the staff from JA respond. I’m not sure who put you in charge of chasing existing customers away but I am prettuy sure it’s not you or appreciated.

TomC Moderator

<em>@bigrk 47634 wrote:</em><blockquote>You are better off not responding to these type of posts and let the staff from JA respond. I’m not sure who put you in charge of chasing existing customers away but I am pretty sure it’s not you or appreciated.</blockquote>
    That’s fine, so long as it isn’t one of the Staff who is perpetuating much of the complaining and/or doing little to solve/diffuse the situation.

instantinlaw Friend

tempusserbia;43627At a beginning , I want to emphasize that this post is not written to offend anyone, including other members, JA team…it’s written with clear head, after some deep thinking and experience from using JA, and it’s my subjective opinion.[/quote]
    It seems your subjective opinion is somwhat flawed.

tempusserbia;43627
    Everything looks and works fine, until you purchase JA membership. Then, you are in serious problems (template bugs, no fully editable source files, no support…).[/quote]
    1. Although the source files leave something to be desired, if you can work with a psd, you can edit any image to suit your needs.
    2. major bugs are usually fixed by the next release, and temporary fixes abound in the forum.
    3. Here is a quote from a post you made, so your claim of no support is false.
    <blockquote>After i have posted questions about modify Corona to fit my needs i personally need to thank Menalto for given me attention and to complete my request for this modification. Not only that, he also modified Barite for me and even teached me how to do it. This guy rocks and i cant say how much i appreciate his help and even use many hours of his spare time to teach me the basics.

Not only that, HE EVEN FIXED ALBERGHI (lighbox problem) FOR ME TO WORK WITH CORONA</blockquote>
    The only other request for support that I could see was for a custom modification.

tempusserbia;43627
    Yes, every month we have 2 more templates to deal with. And they look great.[/quote]
    For the most part, thats true.

tempusserbia;43627

What major problem did you have that was not solved?

That is not a fair statement. I have been around here for some time now and I have seen first hand Hung’s efforts at increasing the level of support.
    1. He has hired more forum moderators to help deal with the major problems (not custom modification requests).
    2. He is quite active in the forums and answers many posts in person, especially the major ones.
    3. Ja offers a product. It is up to you to modify it if that is what you want. If you ask for help in the forum with a customization it is not unreasonable for a programmer to ask for money in return.

See #3 above.

….

And one more thing: No more money from me JA. You make me fool for once, but again…not me. There is proverb in my country: “Only fools are looking forward to promises”.

I was also a member of rockettheme and the only diffrence in support is that there are more members willing to help out in the forum. They have bugs in thier templates as well, allbeit not as many sometimes, but they also only release one template per month. That gives them plenty of time to fix them before release.

If the support you got here, and which you gushed over was not good enough for you, I feel sorry for the forum members in the other clubs because I am sure they hear from you far too much.

So to sum all of this up, instead of complaining for no good reason, why don’t you dive into the code for your customization and learn how to do it. Then come back here and help out some of the people here that want customizations done for free.

bigrk Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 47636 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s fine, so long as it isn’t one of the Staff who is perpetuating much of the complaining and/or doing little to solve/diffuse the situation.</blockquote>

Is there a staff member perpetuating much of the complaining and/or doing little to solve/diffuse the situations in particular that you are referring to?

tempusserbia Friend

First, I want to emphasize that this thread WAS UNPUBLISHED, for a MONTH, as you can see. It seems to me that someone put lots of effort to find someone who is willing to deal with statements in this thread. Fortunately to JA, it’s “instantinlaw”. Strange thing is that after deleting this thread, I had problems regarding accessing forums for 10 and more days. And now, by miracle, this thread pop up again.

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>It seems your subjective opinion is somwhat flawed.</blockquote>

And I will repeat again, it’s SUBJECTIVE, not OBJECTIVE.

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>1. Although the source files leave something to be desired, if you can work with a psd, you can edit any image to suit your needs.2. major bugs are usually fixed by the next release, and temporary fixes abound in the forum.
    3. Here is a quote from a post you made, so your claim of no support is false.

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>”After i have posted questions about modify Corona to fit my needs i personally need to thank Menalto for given me attention and to complete my request for this modification. Not only that, he also modified Barite for me and even teached me how to do it. This guy rocks and i cant say how much i appreciate his help and even use many hours of his spare time to teach me the basics.

Not only that, HE EVEN FIXED ALBERGHI (lighbox problem) FOR ME TO WORK WITH CORONA”</blockquote></blockquote>

Just compare dates from this thread and thread in which I am thanking Menalto. As being smart person you will see that this thread was first one. And, one bird is not a flock.

1. Can you please, show me full PSD layout for templates?
    2. Keywords in this sentence are: usually and temporary. Think about that.
    (little bit of clarification: Can I go to mechanic to fix my brakes and expect from him to fix them temporarily, so they will work until next corner, or can I go to mechanic and expect that someone will solve my breaks problem in a way to him).

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>The only other request for support that I could see was for a custom modification.

What major problem did you have that was not solved?

</blockquote>

As you can see. Check this out: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=40519&postcount=9

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>That is not a fair statement. I have been around here for some time now and I have seen first hand Hung’s efforts at increasing the level of support.
    1. He has hired more forum moderators to help deal with the major problems (not custom modification requests).
    2. He is quite active in the forums and answers many posts in person, especially the major ones.
    3. Ja offers a product. It is up to you to modify it if that is what you want. If you ask for help in the forum with a customization it is not unreasonable for a programmer to ask for money in return.

See #3 above. </blockquote>

1. Can you please tell me which moderator is getting from JA money for providing support?
    2. Quantity is not same thing as Quality, as efficiency and effectiveness
    3. Depending what are you trying to customize.

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was also a member of rockettheme and the only diffrence in support is that there are more members willing to help out in the forum. They have bugs in thier templates as well, allbeit not as many sometimes, but they also only release one template per month. That gives them plenty of time to fix them before release.</blockquote>

I am not forcing JA to release 2 templates per month.

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>If the support you got here, and which you gushed over was not good enough for you, </blockquote>

Which support?! Just look threads about lack of support here my friend.

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>I feel sorry for the forum members in the other clubs because I am sure they hear from you far too much.</blockquote>

I feel sorry for you, as you do not, obviously, understand basic principles of provider (supplier) – customer relationship, management and customers loyalty.

<em>@instantinlaw 47637 wrote:</em><blockquote>So to sum all of this up, instead of complaining for no good reason, why don’t you dive into the code for your customization and learn how to do it. Then come back here and help out some of the people here that want customizations done for free.</blockquote>

As I am understanding you well, nobody will need support from JA, cause, everything which is not on demo page is some sort of customization.

Regarding help to others: as I am not CSS or PHP guru, I am trying to provide as much help as I can:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/sef-not-working-in-moo-menu-but-works-in-main-menu-module/
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/photoshop-logo/

I will not try again to clarify my statements, as I have told everyone: It’s SUBJECTIVE, so take it as you will, do not try to convince me to something else, cause for that, you will need much more than words.

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 47609 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good . . . One less “hold my hand / do everything for me” whiner, the better.</blockquote>

The best way to deal with unsatisfied customers, to tell them to go away,

And, one more thing, I am truly wish you to not have any kind of problems in your life, so no one will be forced to hold your hand and do everything for you, since I know how hard it can be doing it for people like you are.

Hung Dinh Friend

<blockquote>1. Everything on front and demo page is false.
    Everything looks and works fine, until you purchase JA membership. Then, you are in serious problems (template bugs, no fully editable source files, no support…).</blockquote>

I do not think this is true, everyone is having the exact site like demo with the Quickstart we provide
    <blockquote>2. New templates are cool
    Yes, every month we have 2 more templates to deal with. And they look great.</blockquote>

Thank you

<blockquote>3. Forum are great place to lamenting, and chatting
    Without support, JA members can only cry to each other and nothing else. Yes, some problems are solved, but not major ones.</blockquote>

Yes, it is true to some extend. However, there are also problems that is not problem of templates which are not supported at JA forum

<blockquote>5. JA Team are not open minded regarding template customization.
    If you need to change something regarding template customization, JA will not help you, unless you pay for it, again.</blockquote>

That’s right. We provide the template as it is and we do not provide template customization.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tempusserbia 47716 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    And, one more thing, I am truly wish you to not have any kind of problems in your life, so no one will be forced to hold your hand and do everything for you, since I know how hard it can be doing it for people like you are.</blockquote>
    When I have an issue, I do what it takes to research and learn about the issue as best I can toward trying to resolve it myself. If I cannot, then I ask questions – respectfully and constructively.

If, after all else has been explored, the problem still exists, then I either seek the information elsewhere or consider progressing it to the next level – again, however, as constructively as possible. I do not jump to this last step right off the bat and/or foster some kind of quasi sense of entitlement or “do it all for me” mentality – and certainly not with the kind of disrespectful, derogatory and/or condemning tone that I have seen from some here.

Lastly, I understand that JoomlART – together with most other Joomla template clubs – is not a turnkey/ready-to-go website club. Further, as far as I know, JoomlART has never offered template “customization” services for individual members as part of it’s membership services. JoomlART offers templates – based upon the Joomla Content Management System – that are intended to be base starting points for one to take and modify/customize to one’s needs (whatever they may be). Not everyone, including myself, is going to be pleased with every single template – that’s just a fact of the matter. I would task you to find any template club where 100% of the members are 100% satisfied 100% of the time.

Being a JoomlART Club member is a choice – one which many have been and remain relatively pleased with. Whether or not you choose to be a licensed member is your choice.

instantinlaw Friend

tempusserbia;47715Just compare dates from this thread and thread in which I am thanking Menalto. As being smart person you will see that this thread was first one. And, one bird is not a flock.

1. Can you please, show me full PSD layout for templates?
    2. Keywords in this sentence are: usually and temporary. Think about that.
    (little bit of clarification: Can I go to mechanic to fix my brakes and expect from him to fix them temporarily, so they will work until next corner, or can I go to mechanic and expect that someone will solve my breaks problem in a way to him). [/quote]
    So if this was your first thread, you were off and complaining even before you gave anyone a chance to answer your previous thread. See where I’m going here?
    1. No I can’t but Ja does provide PSd’s for the key elements that need to be edited. Not even rockettheme provides full source files.
    2. Comparing php code to a car is like comparing apples to oranges. A mechanic knows what parts need to be changed as soon as he sees the damage. When writing php and css code, you have no way of knowing how it will render in all server and browser enviroments. There will almost always be bugs in the first release. Hence version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 etc. Even Joomla had to go through 3 release candidates before it was considered stable.

Why show us the single post? was there more to that thread that you don’t want us to see?

tempusserbia;47715
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by instantinlaw
    That is not a fair statement. I have been around here for some time now and I have seen first hand Hung’s efforts at increasing the level of support.

See #3 above.

1. Can you please tell me which moderator is getting from JA money for providing support?
    2. Quantity is not same thing as Quality, as efficiency and effectiveness
    3. Depending what are you trying to customize.[/quote]
    1. you can look for yourself. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showgroups.php
    There are a lot more staff members than there used to be, and I can see most of them answering threads all the time.
    2. When Hung answers a thread it is usually one that deals with a major bug and he then gets his staff right on it. In most cases he has an updated template within a day or two.
    3. Asking for a custom banner code is not a request that has anything to do with getting your layout to look like the demo, and is in fact a customization project that should have been posted in another forum area.

tempusserbia;47715I am not forcing JA to release 2 templates per month.
    [/quote]
    No, but I’ll bet it was one of the reasons you signed up, wasn’t it?

tempusserbia;47715Which support?! Just look threads about lack of support here my friend.

I hate to say this, but the only threads complaining about the lack of support here are from others like you who expect Ja to not only provide the template, but to customize your site for you as well.

I feel sorry for you, as you do not, obviously, understand basic principles of provider (supplier) – customer relationship, management and customers loyalty.

Wrong, I do understand these things, and like I said before so does Hung. He has made many positive changes here in the way of support and I for one will re-up my membership when it is due. Unfortunatly you can’t please 100% of the people 100% of the time and I guess you fall into the can’t please most of the time category.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by instantinlaw
    So to sum all of this up, instead of complaining for no good reason, why don’t you dive into the code for your customization and learn how to do it. Then come back here and help out some of the people here that want customizations done for free.

As I am understanding you well, nobody will need support from JA, cause, everything which is not on demo page is some sort of customization.

More narrow thinking on your part. You are free to ask for support for your customization, and if a member decides to help you out thats great. But, to expect answers to your customization is not fair. Nowhere on this site does JA guarantee free customization to thier templates, but they do offer a forum to request customizatons. I suggest you use it instead of just complaining.

I will not try again to clarify my statements, as I have told everyone: It’s SUBJECTIVE, so take it as you will, do not try to convince me to something else, cause for that, you will need much more than words.

Much more than words? You mean do it for you don’t you?
    If you spent as much time researching how to acomplish your customization as you do complaining about how nobody will do it for you, you would have already gotten it done. Chew that one over for a while.

Hung Dinh Friend

instantinlaw, you make it all clear and easy to understand. You are giving a helpful hand to increase the understanding of JA member service. Reading such posts like this make me feel I need to be more responsible for things here. Replying a post is much more than providing support or information, what we learn from this kind of post is more valuable than spending days in a customer support training course.

I pick up new things and inspiration from beloved JA members everyday. You have my biggest thank you of the day, instantinlaw

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum