Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I know Joomlart templates have some optimization built in. I wonder if it is still necessary to use 3rd party css and javascript optimizer extesnions available from the JED

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/performance/site-performance

Any idea? If used, will there be conflicts?
    Thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi omojesu,

From my point of view the built-in optimize feature of Jat3 framework is powerful enough and you don’t need to use a 3rd party extension for the same purpose, that is from my experience but feel free to try some other extensions to see if they work better, when use others you should turn off this feature from jat3 to avoid conflicts.

omojesu Friend

Thanks…I used YSlow extension (with Firebug) and the result are not too encouraging…

Grade F on Make fewer HTTP requests

This page has 15 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 10 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 23 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.

I thought Jat3 framework has the minify and compress feature built in…it doesnt appear to be combining my javascript and css files…any idea please? I don’t want to have to install any more 3rd party optimization extension than I need to…

thanks

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 319302 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi omojesu,

From my point of view the built-in optimize feature of Jat3 framework is powerful enough and you don’t need to use a 3rd party extension for the same purpose, that is from my experience but feel free to try some other extensions to see if they work better, when use others you should turn off this feature from jat3 to avoid conflicts.</blockquote>

Sherlock Friend

<em>@omojesu 319432 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks…I used YSlow extension (with Firebug) and the result are not too encouraging…

Grade F on Make fewer HTTP requests

This page has 15 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 10 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 23 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.

I thought Jat3 framework has the nminify ad compress feature built in…it doesnt appear to be combining my javascript and css files…any idea please? I don’t want to have to install any more 3rd party optimization extension than I need to…

thanks</blockquote>

Hi omojesu,

As I know the jat3 framework would not be able to combine external files and it should does that way because you know it can not control the external files that is from a remote server, I hope you understand but I think it’s impossible 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum