Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey JA,

This starting out as a question but I was able to figure it out as I went along, so now it is a tip!

If you have a multilingual site, you may also wantyour logo to toggle with the language. Here’s how to do it:

Step 1: create duplicate copies of template.css. Name them according to the naming convention on JoomFish (i.e. en-gb.css, fr-fr.css, etc.)

Step 2: In the index.php file where template.css is being called, replace with:

[PHP]<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/css/<?php echo $this->language ?>.css” type=”text/css” /> [/PHP]

Step 3: go into the css file for the language you would like to have your alternative logo placed and replace “logo.png” with the filename of your alternative logo (i.e. fr-logo.png).

Step 4: upload your logo into template/ja_nickel/images/

And voila! that should do the trick.

Khanh Le Moderator

Very good customize, chartwell. Another solution is that you could add the language code into the body class then you override the logo for each language based on the body class. In the template index.php file, find the line of BODY tag, and add the language into its class property, eg:

<body id=”bd” class=”<?php echo $tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_LAYOUT);?> <?php echo $tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_SCREEN);?> fs<?php echo $tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_FONT);?> <?php echo $this->language ?>”>

By this way, you could override the style for logo like this

body.fr-fr h1.logo a {
    /*your override style here*/
    }

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum