Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Im really struggling with this, i dont want the top and main menu to be the same, ive tried disabling the top menu but it still seems to show the same stuff as the main menu even though its not enabled! Please help, because it is somewhat puzzling!

Happy Christmas…:D

mattym Friend

ive tried all kinds on this now but i cant seem to make them different, and search doesnt turn anything up?

mj1256 Friend

go to your template manager

disable split menu, choose any other type of menu from the list

then make a new mainmenu item, I called mine “left menu”

then start adding your new menu items to the left menu

now you should have two separate menus

mattym Friend

i had menu set to Moo already, the top menu is still the same, which is what i dont want, i want the top menu to be controlable, ive disabled the top menu but it is still there, and i cannot change it.

mattym Friend

the only way this is going to work is to use mainmenu as top menu, and then make a new menu, but isnt that a little bit of a strange way to do it? I spent hours making the menu as i want it, and now have to redo it. Oh well, i guess next time i will have a good look at the menus BEFORE doing anything complex!

thanks for all help.

mj1256 Friend

you kinda stuck with the menu at the top, you can change the type with the template manager, but thats about it. its hard coded and takes some work to change.

the naming is miss leading, all menus are mainmenu modules, just renamed and repositioned

whats do you mean by making it controllable

mattym Friend

by controllable i mean on or off. I found that if i use main menu for the top menu only then i can do what i want, it is a little confusing,perhaps a line or 2 in the manual describing the top menu and how it is linked to the main menu would be good?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattym 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum