Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

hi, i need your help to create a TopMenu into JA Social similar like this one here: http://ja-ironis.demo.joomlart.com/

i have started with following steps:

1. new Block with Name topnav (not uploaded yet) inluding Module Position for Social Icons
    [PHP]<?php
    /**
    * @package T3 Blank
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 – 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    */

defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;
    ?>

<!– TOP NAVIGATION –>
    <nav id=”t3-topnav” class=”wrap t3-topnav navbar-fixed-top navbar-collapse-fixed-top”>
    <div class=”container navbar”>
    <div class=”navbar-inner”>

<button type=”button” class=”btn btn-navbar” data-toggle=”collapse” data-target=”.nav-collapse”>
    <i class=”icon-reorder”></i>
    </button>

<div class=”nav-collapse collapse<?php echo $this->getParam(‘navigation_collapse_showsub’, 1) ? ‘ always-show’ : ” ?>”>
    <?php if ($this->getParam(‘navigation_type’) == ‘topmenu’) : ?>
    <?php $this->megamenu($this->getParam(‘mm_type’, ‘topmenu’)) ?>
    <?php else : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘topnav’) ?>” style=”raw” />
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘topnavlogin’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-topnavsocial” class=”ja-topnavsocial<?php $this->_c(‘topnavsocial’) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘topnavsocial’) ?>” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </nav>
    <!– //TOP NAVIGATION –>[/PHP]

2. i have added in tlps/default-left-content-right.php the new topnav Block

[PHP]<?php $this->loadBlock (‘topnav’) ?>[/PHP]

3. Now i need the correct CSS Styles right?

TomC Moderator

Creating the CSS for the menu display would be a good next step, yes – to see how things are working thus far.

testcouch Friend

<em>@TomC 468393 wrote:</em><blockquote>Creating the CSS for the menu display would be a good next step, yes – to see how things are working thus far.</blockquote>

and that is the point where i would need a litle help 😉 i do not want the mainmenu style for topmenu! so i need new css classes for topmenu

Update:

if i try to create a new topmenu Menue in joomla module Manager then i see no module position to assign for the topmenu module! is there something wrong in my topnav.php file?

TomC Moderator

I believe the top nav position is a BLOCK position rather than a module.

Here is some reference info for you —-> http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-layout-system

testcouch Friend

<em>@TomC 468565 wrote:</em><blockquote>I believe the top nav position is a BLOCK position rather than a module.

Here is some reference info for you —-> http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-layout-system</blockquote>

hello TomC, many thanks for your link, but i need here more a practical help then a theoretical. 😉

TomC Moderator
    testcouch Friend

hi, thanks for your links, but i already know how a joomla menu will be created in Backend. i asked for assist with my JA Social Template files, to get a simple Top Navigation (without dropdown) above my Main Navigation.

if you can’t do that, then please assign my Thread to other Moderator! thanks for unterstanding

TomC Moderator

<em>@testcouch 468666 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi, thanks for your links, but i already know how a joomla menu will be created in Backend. i asked for assist with my JA Social Template files, to get a simple Top Navigation (without dropdown) above my Main Navigation.

if you can’t do that, then please assign my Thread to other Moderator! thanks for unterstanding</blockquote>

The thing is , we are here to guide you …. but custom work is beyond the scope of general Technical Support.

If you know how to create a menu, then you’re halfway there. The only other thing you likely need is to create a new position for the menu where you want it, The following tutorial should help you with this —-> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-new-module-position-updated/

testcouch Friend

hi, i was able to create a new top navigation after spending to much time, but now i have a small css glitch if the website loads for first time. my new top navigation jumps down for this few sec. could you inspect my site css with firebug maybe i have done something wrong! site link are in first post

Adam M Moderator

Hi @testcouch,

I checked your site but didn’t see any problem. Could you please clarify a little bit or provide a screenshot indicate the problem so I can have a closer look ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @testcouch,

I checked your site but didn’t see any problem. Could you please clarify a little bit or provide a screenshot indicate the problem so I can have a closer look ?

testcouch Friend

hi Adam M, thanks for your check but i believe that i have fixed the issue in the meantime. if not then i will privide a screenshoot here. thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum