Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Me again, I am using the template a lot at the momnet and finding a few issues,

If you goto my example web http://www.bremic.co.uk and use the contact us tab you will see that the Search box moves down a bit out of allignment, it’s not to do with the location and also not to do with the text as I have tried different text.

Has anyone seen this before and knows how to fix?

Thanks

Joolz

scotty Friend

It’s a bug in the template. The from element in the search box on your contact page is being defined by default.css instead of template_css.css (?)

Go to line 45 of default.css and delete the ‘margin’ line

form div {
    clear:left;
    display:block;
    margin:5px 0 0; <<<<<<<< DELETE
    padding:1px 3px;
    width:100%;
    }

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    orange.css (line 290)

#ja-search .inputbox {
    background:#4B4B4B none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border:1px solid #4B4B4B;
    color:#DDDDDD;
    margin-top:0;--> add this line
    }

joolzhaines Friend

Hi,

Thanks for the replay but my default.css is an empty file? I am using the latest template on joomla 1.5.

Regards
    Julian

joolzhaines Friend

Hi,

Thanks this kind of works, the grey box does not appear lower but the search text still moves.. Another user said to change the default.css but my file is empty?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Julian

scotty Friend

Sorry.

The default.css is not the one in the templates folder, it’s the one in the components folder…

/components/com_form/plugins/layouts/default/default.css

It’s not empty and it will move the search text up if you remove the line I said above.

joolzhaines Friend

Hi,

I deleted the line and much better but text still moves a bit, but after a bit of fiddling if you delete both lines as below it works perfectly, will this cause any other problems deleting the padding?

form div {
    clear:left;
    display:block;
    margin:5px 0 0; <<<<<<<< DELETE
    padding:1px 3px; <<<<<<<< DELETE
    width:100%;
    }

Thanks for all your help
    Joolz

scotty Friend

If it does it will only be on that page or rather any page with the Contact component.

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Do you have any success with my solution ?

joolzhaines Friend

Hi,

Thanks, with your help and others I found the solution, see posts above, it required editing the default.css file in the components folder by removing the padding and margins, I think this is a bug in the template as I would have thought as you said you would have to change the orange.css in the template folder?

Regards
    Julian

Sherlock Friend

yes, that’s bug of template
    So, can i mark this topic is solved ?

joolzhaines Friend

Yes, but this should be flagged up and added to the next release of the template.

Regards
    Julian

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joolzhaines 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum