Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey Joomlart team,

Thank you so much for your temps life saver for the intermidiate to novice designer (lol).

My issues:

I can’t seem to create a contact page to save my life (and I looked and read just about everything).

As I looked at other JA Pyrite users sites. I noticed that some were able to style their back grounds and various modules how do I do that?

I have looked at you tutorial for tops 1. I designed my graphic just like your 949 x 200. And I can only see a piece of it . Then I resized it to 649 x150 just a smaller box and still only see the top half of the graphic. When I would click yes to the resizing button I would get an error message. What am I doing wrong? Oh I used both png and jpeg extentions – and still no go.

my site: http://www.bymmagazine.com

thank you 😀

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Did you modify your index.php file?
    For some reason your “containerwrapper” comes after tops1…when tops1 should be inside the containerwrapper.

Perhaps it would be best to “trash” the template…and reinstall it and then let’s have a look.

John.

jwellman Friend

The image properties of Obama are way too big. These are the numbers I see when I right click and view your properties.

2829px × 754px (scaled to 1008px × 268px)
    395.71 KB (405212 bytes) 😮

John Wesley Brett Moderator

A McCain conspiracy perhaps?;)

jwellman Friend

<em>@jbrett 82562 wrote:</em><blockquote>A McCain conspiracy perhaps?;)</blockquote>
    Perhaps! 😀
    Your images should be cropped to 949×200 but they are not.

jwellman Friend

<em>@bympub 82291 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can’t seem to create a contact page to save my life (and I looked and read just about everything).[/quote]
    As far as the contact us page…. you have to set up a menu button first. Do this by going to your menu manager and click new. Your choices under contact will be, “Contact Category Layout” or “Standard Contact Layout.” Try both to see which you prefer. After the menu is set up, you can modify your contents by going to “Components” and down to Contact. You will see the area to make changes.

<em>@bympub 82291 wrote:</em><blockquote>As I looked at other JA Pyrite users sites. I noticed that some were able to style their back grounds and various modules how do I do that?</blockquote>
    If you are referring to customization of colors and such, most of the modifications are done by making new images and modifying CSS codes which, for the most part, is in your template.css file. Is that what you are asking about as far as modules?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jwellman 15 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum