Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone

I´m working with this great extension and i have seen a possible bug. When you uses this extension the first time it translates and duplicates each menu (and menu items) to the other languages.

Well, if you creates a new menu item assigned to all languges it will not be translated

NOTE: This new menu item was created in a menu previously translated assigned with the site default language

In k2, for example, it doesn´t happen. If you creates a new item asigned to a translated category, this item will be translated to others languages

Thanks for all

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

@ azurdo,

That is an issue of menu item table, since Joomla limits the length of Menu type to 24 characters.
    When JA Multilingual Component tries to append language suffix for the new menu (and menu items) of new language, a menu type will be cut if its length is larger than 24 which causes duplicate error.

E.g: If your menu type in the main language is “mainmenu-in-default-lang”, when translating into other language, the language code will be appended as follows:
    mainmenu-in-default-lang-fr
    mainmenu-in-default-lang-ko

However, due to the limited length, they have the same value “mainmenu-in-default-lang”, and this causes duplicated error.

We have got it fixed and will update to our next release of JA Multilingual.

For now, you can apply a quick fix below:

1. Open the administrator/components/com_jalang/helpers/content/adapters/menu_types.php file

2. Add fowllowing code to the end of file, but before the last closing curly brace }

[PHP]public function beforeTranslate(&$translator) {
    //Fix bug: menutype’s lenght is limited 24 characters and make duplicated error
    $db = JFactory::getDbo();
    $query = “ALTER TABLE #__{$this->table} MODIFY `menutype` varchar(100) NOT NULL”;

$db->setQuery($query);
    $db->execute();
    }[/PHP]

3. Do the same for the administrator/components/com_jalang/helpers/content/adapters/menu.php file.

azurdo Friend

Sorry Dead Code but it doesn´t works

When i relaunch the traduction process it doesn´t detect this new entry.

Is there any log to see all process?. Not the log displayed in web view when you launch the process.

Thanks

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Please PM me administrator and FTP credentials of your site, I’ll check and help you resolve this issue.

azurdo Friend

HI Dead code i have investigated more about this problem

I´m trying to fix the connections problems to my dev site to give you access

I have a new question about the same error. After translate all web site with JA multilingual i have created a new item menu in the main menu asigned to spanish language

If this new item it´s declared for All languages this link gives me 404 error, but if i select spanish language it works fine.

Anyway this new item it´s not detected to translate if i execute ja multilingual.

How can i proced to create new menu items (after first automatic translate ) and JA multilingual duplicate this item to other languages?

Thanks, i hope give you admin pass to my dev site this week @ Dead Code
    AJ

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

@ azurdo,

If your site switches to multilingual mode, you need to create and assign your menu and menu items in specific language, do not assign them to All languages. That’s why JA Multilingual component must clone menus for each language.

You can refer to this guide to setup multilingual site manually:
    http://multilingual-joomla-demo.cloudaccess.net/multi-lingual-steps-by-steps.html

azurdo Friend

Ok i understand it

But if it works like you say, JA multilingual only will clone menu items the first time that you run it, isn´t it?

For new addings (menu items) in a translated menu , do you have to create each menu item for each language?

Thanks
    AJ

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Yes, it will translate for new items 🙂

azurdo Friend

OK i will send you a PV with my dev site becasuse after the first launch if i add a new menu item and relaunch JA multilingual it doesnt detect this new menu item to translate to other languages.

Joomla 3.1.5
    JA Mero template 1.0.3
    T3 1.4.1
    JA multilingual 1.0.4

I have tested a simple example in a Joomla 3.2 with t3 v 2.0.2 and JA multilingual 1.0.3 and it works fine but not in my other dev site.

Thanks

azurdo Friend

HI @dead Code

PM sent. I hope you could take a look to see this bug.

Thanks!

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

I have sent you PM, please check your inbox.

azurdo Friend

I have run JA Multilingual and it translates all my menus to english version correctly. But after, if I add a new menu item in the main menu (ES-Menu principal) asigned to all languages and relaunch JA Multilingual this new menu item it´s not translated.

Is this correct?.

azurdo Friend

Sorry but

Has anyone the same problem?

I havent find how to fix it

Thanks

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Normally, new items will be translated, it might have an issue with your site, please PM me FTP credentials of your site, I’ll help to debug and resolve this issue.

azurdo Friend

HI

PM sent

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum