Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

ok??? it shows the file very clearly…

not sure I understand what the problem is then? Edit that file, change it to what you want and your done 😮

1. Capture
    drdig Friend

I edited the file by translating the text into Spanish and you still see my site in English.

What is the problem?

1. 5
    n6rej Friend

you shoudln’t hve changed the en-gb 😮 you should’ve renamed it to es and put it in your es folder
    then load the langauge pack for spanish and finally make spanish the default language
    you REALLY need to read the documentation on how joomla works.
    http://docs.joomla.org
    look here… http://docs.joomla.org/Adding_multi-language_support
    and http://extensions.joomla.org/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=1837&Itemid=35

you should put en-gb back, cause its going to get overridden when you update anyway.
    put spanish in the spanish…

drdig Friend

I think you underestimate my knowledge of Joomla.
    Both the administration and the front of my site is in Spanish.
    The problem must be elsewhere.

In fact, this problem has happened to me since I updated the template JA Rasite last Thursday. Before the texts cited appeared in Spanish.

n6rej Friend

right, I bet because you changed the en-gb version of the lang instead of the es one you should have.
    make your changes to the spanish version as should be, both for admin and regular and then you should be fine.

drdig Friend

Then, if everything is correct, why is the text in English on my site?

steinar Friend

¡Hola drdig!

This conversation, entertaining as it may be, seems to have led to a misunderstanding. Please allow me to try:

In yoursite >> language you should find two folders; one named en-GB, the other es-ES. Ideally the content of both is the same. The en-GB contains the original phrases. You shouldn‘t mess with them.

Open the es-ES.tpl_ja_rasite.ini file. The first line is something like
    YOU_ARE_HERE=”You are here”

You have to translate only the text to the right of the equal sign (=), thus:
    YOU_ARE_HERE=”Estás en:”

If one of the original files doesn‘t reside in the es-ES folder, you may copy the original from the en-GB folder (and rename the prefix to es-ES).

Sorry for my intrusion! Hope this helps.

Steinar.

drdig Friend

Thanks for your post, steinar.
    I’ve done everything you told me and the text still appears in English.
    The truth is I do not understand how something as seemingly simple as being difficult to solve.
    I do not know what to do

steinar Friend

It does look like black magic sometimes, I‘ll give you that. I recently struggled with translating the by-line in JA Tiris. Found the “By”, translated it, checked. It worked! Went happily back to translate “In”. Guess what happened: My “By” translation reverted!

Try looking for it in another file. Check es-ES.mod_breadcrumbs.ini

drdig Friend

Thanks, but that file does not exist in the text! You are here!.
    Again, I do not know what else to do.

steinar Friend

I do not use Joomla! 1.5 or Rasite, so I can‘t tell for sure. But this may be worth checking:

/templates >> ja_rasite >> layouts >> blocks >> breadcrumb.php

Steinar.

drdig Friend

Apparently there is a problem because the staff do not appear correctly sections and categories in the articles.
    Please ask the help of a responsible Joomlart.
    I leave my FTP data tab of the question.
    thank you very much

1. 6
    n6rej Friend

Perhaps instead of being upset with me, you could copy over the english language version into the spanish language area renamed as steinar explained how to do, and then edit it as needed.

1. Capture
    n6rej Friend

<em>@steinar 308581 wrote:</em><blockquote>¡Hola drdig!

Sorry for my intrusion! Hope this helps.

Steinar.</blockquote>

no intrusion at all.. I really appreciate the assist.
    Short of doing it for him I’m at a loss

drdig Friend

n6rej, I’m not angry with you, or anything like that. Just what I find strange is that you (support members) we require the data to our FTP in the case of a problem and then to supply them, the problem continue.

I’ve done what I said Steinar and I told you and you still see the text “You are here”. That’s why I do not know what else to do to fix the bug in question.

1. 7
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum