Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When a viewer hovers over a transmenu mainlevel heading, what looks like an alt tag appears. In other words, if you hold your cursor over “Home”, a small box appears with the word “Home” in it. That little box partially covers the first heading in the submenus. How do I keep this “alt tag box” from appearing at all? It only happens in the mainlevel, not submenu levels.

It seems strange to me to have a text box informing you what the text says in the first place. Text is text, why does it need an alt or attribute tag? Anyway, how do I remove it?

Thank you so much!

p.s. Am using Joomla 1.6, Paritti template

Anonymous Moderator

Hi slambeck,

For template’s menu default, please open Base.class.php in templates/ja_pariiti/ja_menus, about line 153, you change code:

switch ($tmp->browserNav)
    {
    default:
    case 0:
    // _top
    $data = ‘<a href=”‘.$tmp->url.'” ‘.$active.’ ‘.$id.’ ‘.$title.$itembg.’>’.$txt.'</a>’;
    break;
    case 1:
    // _blank
    $data = ‘<a href=”‘.$tmp->url.'” target=”_blank” ‘.$active.’ ‘.$id.’ ‘.$title.$itembg.’>’.$txt.'</a>’;
    break;
    case 2:
    // window.open
    $attribs = ‘toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,’.$this->getParam(‘window_open’);

// hrm…this is a bit dickey
    $link = str_replace(‘index.php’, ‘index2.php’, $tmp->url);
    $data = ‘<a href=”‘.$link.'” onclick=”window.open(this.href,’targetWindow’,”.$attribs.”);return false;” ‘.$active.’ ‘.$id.’ ‘.$title.$itembg.’>’.$txt.'</a>’;
    break;
    }

To

switch ($tmp->browserNav)
    {
    default:
    case 0:
    // _top
    if($level != 0){
    $title = ”;
    }
    $data = ‘<a href=”‘.$tmp->url.'” ‘.$active.’ ‘.$id.’ ‘.$title.$itembg.’>’.$txt.'</a>’;
    break;
    case 1:
    // _blank
    $data = ‘<a href=”‘.$tmp->url.'” target=”_blank” ‘.$active.’ ‘.$id.’ ‘.$title.$itembg.’>’.$txt.'</a>’;
    break;
    case 2:
    // window.open
    $attribs = ‘toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,’.$this->getParam(‘window_open’);

// hrm…this is a bit dickey
    $link = str_replace(‘index.php’, ‘index2.php’, $tmp->url);
    $data = ‘<a href=”‘.$link.'” onclick=”window.open(this.href,’targetWindow’,”.$attribs.”);return false;” ‘.$active.’ ‘.$id.’ ‘.$title.$itembg.’>’.$txt.'</a>’;
    break;
    }

we added :
    if($level != 0){
    $title = ”;
    }
    This mean if menus are not level 0, they don’t display alt tag box.

slambeck Friend

Thank you for your response and help with removing the tags.

In your response you wrote that :

if($level != 0){
    $title = ”;
    }
    This mean if menus are not level 0, they don’t display alt tag box.

My submenus (those that were not level 0) never did show the alt tag box. It was the main heading that showed the tag. When I first made the change you suggested, the alt tag box still appeared when hovering over the main heading. Therefore, I changed the code to this:

if($level != 1){
    $title = ”;
    }

and now the alt tags do not appear when hovering. Since I’m not really familiar with scripting, did I do anything that will cause problems in other areas of the menu? It looks right, but I’m no expert.

Thanks again!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi slambeck,

Current, this template has two level: level 0 for main menus, level 1 for submenus. If you select $level != 1, this mean is you don’t want to display alt tag at main menus.If you hold your cursor over a submenu, alt tag alse appears.

You can change script:

if($level != 1){
    $title = ”;
    }

To

$title = ”;

if you don’t want to display all tag boxs at all menus.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum