Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello, new here and tried searching forum before posting.

I downloaded Zite zip file on my Mac. When I go to install, the zip file appears as a folder and when I select it and then ‘choose’ it opens the folder and shows me the next level of files/folders. How do I keep the Zite file as a .zip so it will select properly?

Any help is much appreciated.

JMA

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please check this document to understand how to install Joomla!

https://docs.joomla.org/Installing_Joomla

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jmalcodray Friend

I appreciate the response, but not having a problem installing Joomla – having a problem installing the template. My Mac unzips the file in my download file, so it becomes a folder. The Template Manager is expecting a .zip file and it doesn’t exist (because it’s been unzipped).

Ideas??

jmalcodray Friend

Figured it out – had to change preferences on my Mac to NOT open files after download, and that kept the download in a .zip format.

Now I have a whole other problem and the download gets a fatal error after about 4 or 5 minutes trying to upload. Here is the error:
    Fatal error: JApplicationCms::getUserState(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition “JoomlaRegistryRegistry” of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /home/jmalcodray1/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 513

Help, anyone!

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Actually it’s none JA issue. It’s Joomla! installation. Please work with joomla.org.

In basically you only need to:
    – extract zip file
    – run it ( make sure your system requirement matched with minimum at least )
    – follow wizard

On Mac, it’s Unix based. I would suggest you install Apache / PHP / MySQL one by one.
    If you stil can’t do that you can use bitnami for combo package.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    For template install. You only need to go with Joomla! Installer and choose template package file.
    Or you can install via extract files:

https://docs.joomla.org/Installing_an_extension

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum