Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am using two separate profiles on my Zite installation.
    When I originally set the profile “home” to not displaying the content area and I assigned it to the homepage it worked fine.

The rest of the pages were assigned to the profile “default” and they displayed the content area as they should.

Then suddenly the content area showed up on the home page and now I am unable to make it go away no matter what I do. I even selected both profiles to not display it yet it is present in both profiles.

I have a feeling that I may have broken something elsewhere in the code, but I don’t recall working on anything other than the css files and some of the modules.

What could be going wrong?

sotjoom2 Friend

I think I found the solution on my own, but now I have another, bigger problem.

The reason why the content area appears to still be present in both profiles is because I attributed a background color and a border to

#ja-container .main

Making this element appear on the home page where before it was invisible.

Now the issue is that I need that container to have those properties because that’s what the design I am replicating calls for it. I have tried alternative treatments of the content area but they don’t work on the other pages.

What I would need is a way to but exclude the home page from that rule. In Joomla 1.5 and the no Jat3 way of building a template, that would have been a simple matter of writing a conditional just for the home page. With Jat 3 I don’t know how I could possibly overrule the global css so that I can restore #ja-container .main to being invisible on the home page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sotjoom2 Friend

I figured out how to use a custom theme to accomplish that. No need to respond. Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sotjoom2 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum