Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Okay this is REALLY strange . . .

I checked and confirmed that the modification to the CSS rule is saved.

Then, when I click the link to the site – upper left corner in site admin – the menu looks as it should.

But when I click the link you provided earlier in this thread, it’s still skewed.

>:(

TomC Moderator

Okay this is REALLY strange . . .

I checked and confirmed that the modification to the CSS rule is saved.

Then, when I click the link to the site – upper left corner in site admin – the menu looks as it should.

But when I click the link you provided earlier in this thread, it’s still skewed.

>:(

osseo Friend

Did you try to do the same thing as I did by making the modifications in the template.css file in the blue theme folder?
    Are you saying somehow the changes not being saved or overwritten?
    Like I said before, I installed this demo site using the JA demo package file (Joomla+template+demo data), so it shouldn’t have any thing go wrong on the demo site and I kept everything update to date as you can see.

Should we try making the same changes on a different site and see if the same thing happens?
    I’m not sure what else to try…

osseo Friend

Did you try to do the same thing as I did by making the modifications in the template.css file in the blue theme folder?
    Are you saying somehow the changes not being saved or overwritten?
    Like I said before, I installed this demo site using the JA demo package file (Joomla+template+demo data), so it shouldn’t have any thing go wrong on the demo site and I kept everything update to date as you can see.

Should we try making the same changes on a different site and see if the same thing happens?
    I’m not sure what else to try…

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>I’m not sure what else to try…</blockquote>

In your custom.css file at line 9 you have

.navbar-default .navbar-nav > li {
    max-width:150px;
    }

Change the max-width to
    max-width:250px;

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>I’m not sure what else to try…</blockquote>

In your custom.css file at line 9 you have

max-width:150px;
    }

Change the max-width to
    max-width:250px;

TomC Moderator

Would that override the CSS for the blue color theme?

It’s been my experience that custom.css doesn’t usually work with/for the color themes . . . but hey, if it works

TomC Moderator

Would that override the CSS for the blue color theme?

It’s been my experience that custom.css doesn’t usually work with/for the color themes . . . but hey, if it works

osseo Friend

Tom,

I made the changes in my custom.css file, then it works with the following settings!

max-width: 150px;
    }

.t3-mainnav .t3-navbar {
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    width: 1100px !important;
    }

Do you think this is a concern on my site? Would the changes stay permanent? Thanks.

osseo Friend

Tom,

I made the changes in my custom.css file, then it works with the following settings!

max-width: 150px;
    }

.t3-mainnav .t3-navbar {
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    width: 1100px !important;
    }

Do you think this is a concern on my site? Would the changes stay permanent? Thanks.

TomC Moderator

If it’s working within a custom.css file, then the changes should retain and not be overwritten with any future updates/upgrades.

TomC Moderator

If it’s working within a custom.css file, then the changes should retain and not be overwritten with any future updates/upgrades.

osseo Friend

Tom – one last question regarding this topic of menu width. When we define the fix width and increase the overall template width. What happens to the “responsiveness” for this template? When I resize my browser window and I see those menus no longer resize and shark down to accommodate the smaller browser size and menu boxes on the right side looks “broken” and without the background color behind it… Is that something can be fixed? Please advise, thanks.

osseo Friend

Tom – one last question regarding this topic of menu width. When we define the fix width and increase the overall template width. What happens to the “responsiveness” for this template? When I resize my browser window and I see those menus no longer resize and shark down to accommodate the smaller browser size and menu boxes on the right side looks “broken” and without the background color behind it… Is that something can be fixed? Please advise, thanks.

TomC Moderator

Actually, I just looked at your site with varying browser sizes and I thought it looks pretty good . . . things “collapse” as it looks like they’re supposed to for smaller viewing spaces.

As for the side menu background issue, that may be something that needs to be addressed within a different CSS rule – specifically for “mobile” viewing. (I’m not 100% certain on this, but that’s my guess). Pavit may have something to add on this issue. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

This topic contains 67 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum