Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I try to build a webstore via JA Zeolite (using virtuemart), there are two serious problem which I searched thru google, yahoo and msn, even post at virtuemart forum and joomla.org forum without any response.

First problem:

when we want to confirm the order, the shippping address not show up (refer to first attachement)

Second problem is the most serious problem:

after I have confirm, the shipping address is what I have registered but the bil address, virtuemart created for me another address which I do not know where it comes from. In other words, shipping address (which is I registered one) is different from billing address (which I don’t know where it comes from).

Since I have searched thru all over the world, I don’t know if anyone here can help?

1. shipaddnotshow
    2. billaddshipadd1
    3. billaddshipadd2
    sfpkent Friend

You are 100% wrong, please do some research first before you asnwer my question. With such a long paragraph, you don’t even know where the problem came from.

In virtuemart developer, virtuemart forum and joomla.org forum, they already admitted that virtuemart has two serious problem (which I stated here).

Again, I need solution, not bla bla bla

sfpkent Friend

Ok, I just found an answer in virtuemart forum (clearly the problem is from virtuemart) to my problem but just don’t know how to do it:

“This happens when the auto increment value of Joomla is lower than the last user id in VirtueMart. E.g. Joomla user id stands at 80, the next one created will be 81. If your VirtueMart user id count is already at 90 then the new one that gets 81 will be connected to VM user 81.

The way to solve it is to up the next auto increment value to at least the last VM user id + 1. Now that is not all, you will need to clean your database manually to fix all the wrong user IDs. This is easiest done with phpMyAdmin.”

“It is caused by the “Optional Account Creation” setting in the VM config.

When a user checks out without creating an account, a user is created in VM but not a Joomla user. Next registered user gets the previous users details added to their account.”

Anyone can show me how to do the above??

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I have contacted JA Support, I believe we really have to solve this problem since JA develop eCommerce template via virtuemart, it definitely will affect JA as well. Hope they answer my question ASAP.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

For this case, please go to your database manager and then empty the jos_vm_user_info table.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

If I have empty the jos_vm_user_info table, will all customers info gone? Are you sure it works?

I am not doubt about your ability, just want to double confirm after I apply what to teach, my database won’t happen anything.

Anonymous Moderator

HI sfpkent,

When you install the quickstart package, the jos_vm_user_info table will insert some data to demo. For this reason, you must delete records of this table.

I have checked this issue in our template and it worked correct.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

OK 🙂

How about first problem which “when we want to confirm the order, the shippping address not show up (refer to first attachement)”?

Thanks in advance.

1. shipaddnotshow
    Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

When you delete records of that table, your website will work correct.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I just tried what you suggested, and it work perfectly. Great!!!!!! 🙂

Thank you and this is what I call solution. You save me a lot of time and money. 🙂

Two problem solved together. Haha!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum