Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have 3 issues.
    1) could anyone please guide me where to find the cofiguration to achieve the topbar as it is in the Uber Medicare demo?
    I’ve installed the quickstart, but there only seems to be the right part with the social icons there.
    When I try to add a Module: ACM module > Bar style-1 -> Blue colour and add the social media
    I get a blue bar, but the icons are only visible if I hover over them.

I’d love to know how to get it to look like this TOPBAR (1)

2) I’d also like to know how to configure the LOGIN (2) button to look like in the demo, as I couldn’t find any documentation regarding this.

3) There also seems to be a bug (probably) in the code, because the Google Plus in the backend shows the Twitter icon in the frontend…they seem to be switched? It’s not that much of a problem for me after I’ve figured it out, but still…

I have Joomla version 3.4.1 and Uber ver. 2.1.1
    I have not yet messed with any css styles, so it should be as clean as it gets with no custom problems…

1. topbar-mypage-01
    2. topbar-medicare
    Ninja Lead Moderator

It’s very hard to guide you step by step to config the module on Uber template, if you want to work Uber Medicare template style, you can install it with quickstart and sampe data for reference guide here and go to your site back-end > Extensions > Extension Manager > JoomlArt Installer -> click Install Uber – Medicare, you will have all config of Uber – Medicare template style.

Ninja Lead Moderator

It’s very hard to guide you step by step to config the module on Uber template, if you want to work Uber Medicare template style, you can install it with quickstart and sampe data for reference guide here and go to your site back-end > Extensions > Extension Manager > JoomlArt Installer -> click Install Uber – Medicare, you will have all config of Uber – Medicare template style.

wbroda Friend

Hi, I did exactly like you wrote on my localhost, but it still looks different that in the joomlart demo website and different that when I create a new module on a fresh Joomla installation.
    There is NO information in the Documentation of Uber – Medicare on how to get started with re-creating this style. This is a real big problem.

Same goes with the “Testimonials” section in the demo. It’s in the demo version on Joomlart website, but NOT in the quickstart package. How can I recreate the style? There’s no info in the Documentation about it.

I just need to take a look at the configuration. Can you please post me a screen or code used in the backend settings of the ACM Utility Bar used in the Uber Medicare template, as well as the Login button and Testimonials backend screen?

I can work from that (or at least I hope so).
    It’s really frustrating.

PS. Using the demo data from the ACM module Documentation does not help AT ALL. I still can’t get the blue with light blue icons on the right and links on the left!

wbroda Friend

Hi, I did exactly like you wrote on my localhost, but it still looks different that in the joomlart demo website and different that when I create a new module on a fresh Joomla installation.
    There is NO information in the Documentation of Uber – Medicare on how to get started with re-creating this style. This is a real big problem.

Same goes with the “Testimonials” section in the demo. It’s in the demo version on Joomlart website, but NOT in the quickstart package. How can I recreate the style? There’s no info in the Documentation about it.

I just need to take a look at the configuration. Can you please post me a screen or code used in the backend settings of the ACM Utility Bar used in the Uber Medicare template, as well as the Login button and Testimonials backend screen?

I can work from that (or at least I hope so).
    It’s really frustrating.

PS. Using the demo data from the ACM module Documentation does not help AT ALL. I still can’t get the blue with light blue icons on the right and links on the left!

wbroda Friend

<em>@wbroda 471018 wrote:</em><blockquote>

</blockquote>
    Ok so I managed to find that “Testimonials” is the ACM module type Testimonials style-8 and it seems to work fine now.
    Still fighting with the Utility bar and Login button…
    It seems as though I lack a style that makes this magic happen??

wbroda Friend

<em>@wbroda 471018 wrote:</em><blockquote>

</blockquote>
    Ok so I managed to find that “Testimonials” is the ACM module type Testimonials style-8 and it seems to work fine now.
    Still fighting with the Utility bar and Login button…
    It seems as though I lack a style that makes this magic happen??

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow my guide about Login button and Utility bar below

+ Login button

Create Top menu from Menus backend site with Login item

Go to Module Manager -> Create Top Menu and config it as screenshot

+ Utility bar

You can look at the config that module.

1. Screen-Shot-2015-04-30-at-13.56.18
    2. Screen-Shot-2015-04-30-at-13.58.52
    3. Screen-Shot-2015-04-30-at-14.04.37
    wbroda Friend

Ninja Lead, thank you! I didn’t think the “login” is a separate menu! It really helps a lot!

The utility bar is still the same though 🙁 I have exactly the same configuration like yours, but it looks like in my previous screen.

I realised I have the position1 and position 2 switched in the backend, but I worked around it.

What do I need to publish in the postion 1 to make it show the icons in light blue color, like in the demo?

I managed to publish a Custom HTML module in position topbar-3 with the following code:

<div class="bar-left pull-left">
    <ul class="nav nav-pills nav-stacked ">
    <li><a href="/index.php/terms-of-use">Terms Of Use</a></li><li><a href="/index.php/support-policy-1">Support Policy</a></li><li><a href="/index.php/privacy-policy-2">Privacy Policy</a></li></ul>
    </div>

I deleted the li class items from the demo code and changed the links to the ones I wanted (Test).

Now it looks like this (a lot better), but the social icons won’t show in the same color as the links! I need to mouse hover over them to make them show (like in the screen in my first post).

1. home-2014-05_1920
    2. utility-bar-02
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try to create utility bar with Type: Bar and style: style-1 and Advance script

{":type":"uber:bar","bar":{"jatools-layout-bar":"style-1","bar[block-extra-class]":[""],"bar[bar-background]":["blue-color"],"bar[bar-left-position]":["topbar-2"],"bar[bar-right-position]":[""],"bar[full-width]":["0"],"bar":["1"],"bar":["0"],"bar[facebook]":["joomlart"],"bar[google-plus]":["joomlart"],"bar":["joomlart"],"bar[pinterest]":[""],"bar[linkedin]":["joom-solutions"]}}

1. Screen-Shot-2015-05-01-at-14.05.57
    wbroda Friend

Hi, I don’t know what happenend but after I haven’t touched it for a few days, the social buttons display now alright in the Utility bar. I really have no idea what made this correct itself.

I have two more questions regarding the TOP Menu with the Login item I created with your great help 🙂
    #1 Is it possible to add another position to this menu which will display not below, but horizontally beside the first button? I tried using the css class from the topbar: nav nav-pills nav-stacked but it didn’t work.

#2 If there are a few items in this menu – is it possible to change the color of just one of the buttons, not all?
    Are there some predefined css classes that will let me do it? I tried with bootstrap css classes for buttons, but no luck.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can post your site’s URL here and send me some screenshots illustrating the modification you expect. I will help to check it directly from your site.

wbroda Friend

My site is on localhost yet and I can’t publish it now.
    Here’s a screenshot of what I want to achieve. I’m using basic configuration settings, so if it’s possible on another site it should work on my installation, too.
    When I add another positon to the “Top” Menu, it displays BELOW the first item “Login”. I want to place it side to side.

1. www-new-menu
    Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@wbroda 472840 wrote:</em><blockquote>My site is on localhost yet and I can’t publish it now.
    Here’s a screenshot of what I want to achieve. I’m using basic configuration settings, so if it’s possible on another site it should work on my installation, too.
    When I add another positon to the “Top” Menu, it displays BELOW the first item “Login”. I want to place it side to side.
    </blockquote>

You can try to use this way

+ Create custom html module

+ Add content

<div class="right-menu">
    <li class="item-550"><a class="head-login" href="URL-link-other-menu">Other menu</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

+ Assign it with right-menu position

Hope it helps

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@wbroda 472840 wrote:</em><blockquote>My site is on localhost yet and I can’t publish it now.
    </blockquote>

You can try to use this way

+ Create custom html module

+ Add content

<div class="right-menu">
    <li class="item-550"><a class="head-login" href="URL-link-other-menu">Other menu</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

+ Assign it with right-menu position

Hope it helps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wbroda 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum