Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My Uber University theme keeps going back to its default CSS after I customize the css. It does this every two weeks. When it defaults I have to re-upload the css files I modified and then it goes back to default css style again 2 weeks later. Please advise.

TomC Moderator

How are you customizing the CSS?

SOMETHING is occurring (automatically) to cause this to happen … perhaps with your web host server?

ndrhule Friend

Dear TomC,

Please see reply from Hostgator Admin:

Your theme is likely updating;

Have you tried using the template manager to duplicate the theme? It’s the Joomla equivalent of creating a child theme and creates a copy that functions are the override template, while the master template is capable of being updated. The reason this is happening is not a server fault however, and is a function of the software you’re using. Please consider setting up a duplicate template to prevent this frustration going forward.

Thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @ndrhule
    first i suggest you to upgrade your membership to JATC or single product (Uber). So that i can provide support to you . As per JA Support policy user should have an Active membership to get support on Premium templates. For the problem Make sure you are not editing t3-assets folder for changes , its temp. folder use only for caching css/less files.

ndrhule Friend

Ok. Thanks. I will update my membership later this month when I have the funds. I have been editing the t-3 folder, specifically t3-assets/dev. So am I to edit the uber/less or uber/css folder. The theme settings is currently in development mode and is using less. I’ve been using firebug to guide me which is how I ended up editing the css files in the t-3 folder.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You need to Edit the files in the /less folder in template . While i suggest you to use custom.css file .
    /css/custom.css and add style code in this file .

• upgrade membership to get fully support on Premium template .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum