Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have tried from the K2 component manager to hide the author name and avatar, however, after clearing the cache and refreshing my browser the author and avatar image block are still there. So I went into module manager and tried making adjustments to the k2 content and still the author name and avatar are there. How can I hide them on all of the K2 content articles?

Right now my K2 articles are displaying on the right – I selected position user 5. Is it possible for me to display other modules to the left of it so that their isn’t just blank space? I would like to place a video, quote, and typo message bubble on the left side of the k2 module. I tried making custom html module and and selecting position 5 but that didn’t work. Please let me know what I can do to acheive this look. If a video, quote, and typo message bubble can’t be placed on the left side of the K2 module….what can be placed over there? I just don’t want the blank space.

Right now when you click one k2 article they all show up on another page. How can I make each article open on it own page?

Thanks,
    Wendye

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hi,

You’ve got quite a lot going on there and we should be able to work through them, but we’re going to need to be able to see what you have done so that we can recommend changes. Author / Avatar removal should be a simple matter…apparently it is still activated further down the food chain. (i.e. while you may have it turned off in your categories, specific articles may still be overriding it…that sort of thing)

Regarding the Position 5 issue and what you want to do with that, we’ll definitely need to see the page or we’ll just be guessing.

Let us know,
    John.

creativesmythe Friend

Thanks so much for your reply – here is the site and I will go through now double check articles and categories. I also PM my login info.. just in case …thanks wendye

http://hairthermalizer.cloudaccess.net

AH…now we’re cooking!

Avatar and Author: The avatar and author are being produced by the MODULE that the content is being viewed in.
    Sooo… Simply go to the MODULE titled “What’s Up” – open it – and in the BASIC OPTIONS (on the right) simply HIDE (turn off) the Avatar and Author.

USER POSITION 5: No User5 is a full width position. However, if you change it to USER4 then you can add positions USER1, USER2 AND USER3 to the left of USER4.

Have fun!
    John.

creativesmythe Friend

Awesome! i will let you know how it turns out! Thanks so much. Wendye:)

creativesmythe Friend

I DID IT!!!

I have a video and photos in user 1 (left) and my k2 articles in user4 (right). Thanks soooooo much. I still want to play with the Typo but I don’t want to throw the layout too much… maybe I’ll put that on another page I don’t want to mess anything up now that I have it the way I want it. Again, your advice was much appreciated! I know this is small but I really fell like I accomplished something 🙂 I have only been playing with joomla for a couple months.

take a look

http://hairthermalizer.cloudaccess.net

thanks
    wendye:D

You’re doing great!
    Let us know when we can be of help!

John.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum