Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I joined Joomlart a year ago after being thoroughly impressed with the website and your templates…and a year later I didn’t renew.

During this time I emailed customer service once and the reply was not of the caliber I’m used to dealing with in business. A simple broken link received a response of “it works for me”. Ok, no worries.

Now getting a user guide is impossible! They used to come in a zip file but no more. Since I can no longer access the forums I requested the user guide for 1 template. Still no response! I feel like I rented your templates rather than having the templates.

WAIT. That’s not even the best part. I didn’t renew my subscription because my year subscription does not even give me 0 credits in this new system. Here I sit with Credits: -52 and there you sit with my hard earned money telling me it’s of no value. Interesting concept.

This lack of customer service and appreciation has left me perplexed and very unhappy with your service.

dawn07 Friend

I joined Joomlart a year ago after being thoroughly impressed with the website and your templates…and a year later I didn’t renew.

During this time I emailed customer service once and the reply was not of the caliber I’m used to dealing with in business. A simple broken link received a response of “it works for me”. Ok, no worries.

Now getting a user guide is impossible! They used to come in a zip file but no more. Since I can no longer access the forums I requested the user guide for 1 template. Still no response! I feel like I rented your templates rather than having the templates.

WAIT. That’s not even the best part. I didn’t renew my subscription because my year subscription does not even give me 0 credits in this new system. Here I sit with Credits: -52 and there you sit with my hard earned money telling me it’s of no value. Interesting concept.

This lack of customer service and appreciation has left me perplexed and very unhappy with your service.

mfcphil Friend

I am confused…in a full year you have downloaded 125 times and have only found the need to send one email….and you are complaining!!!

And you have made a total of 3 forum posts in all that time…I am at a total loss to see what you have to be perplexed and very unhappy about.

mfcphil Friend

I am very sorry you feel you could not continue with your membership due to your minus credit score…but the credit system is there to encourage us all to help each other in the template forums…if you have not used the forum in the year you had been a member the credit system should not have really been a worry to you.
    If you had taken an active part in the forums you could have renewed your membership for free using your earned points.

TomC Moderator

Some people will complain about anything and everything.

😎

TomC Moderator

Isn’t it interesting how this member is virtually inactive for a year – and now, within the scope of fone day, he/she creates three different postings, in three different sections, saying the exact same thing.

If that isn’t comical irony, I don’t know what is.

😎

Hung Dinh Friend

<blockquote>Now getting a user guide is impossible! They used to come in a zip file but no more. Since I can no longer access the forums I requested the user guide for 1 template. Still no response! I feel like I rented your templates rather than having the templates.</blockquote>
    dawn07, the userguide is posted in the forum of the templates. The userguide used to be included in the download package but we decided to move them to the forum where we can easily update and add more stuff from time to time. If it is in the zip file, the updating work can be more flexible. As you guys can see, JA templates are not an independent software but they are constantly affected by 3rd party extensions as well as different versions of Joomla. This means that the userguides should not made on and live forever in the zip file. The userguide are put in the forums together with other useful threads (common issues, faqs, solved threads…)

<blockquote>WAIT. That’s not even the best part. I didn’t renew my subscription because my year subscription does not even give me 0 credits in this new system. Here I sit with Credits: -52 and there you sit with my hard earned money telling me it’s of no value. Interesting concept.
    </blockquote>

Credits are totally a fun rewarding system where we can say thank you to helping hand in the community. The credits are not money based.

dawn07 Friend

WOW, I feel like I’ve been attacked.

Am I not supposed to leave feedback on the forum if my emails are not answered? Am I not supposed to download and use the Joomlart templates?

I understand the forum idea – I still maintain that my paid subscription should give me a 0 rating not a negative one at any point. Extra points should be awarded for participation.

I failed to download the instructions and merely asked for them as my subscription ran out a few days ago. I’m not saying I should have it but I am saying I should receive a reply, regardless of participation level or downloading amount.

Feedback is what every business should live on. It’s an honest opinion that a customer went to the bother to give. It shouldn’t be treated like this. Feedback should be taken seriously whether you agree with it or not to move your business forward in the best possible way.

mfcphil Friend

Nobody is attacking you.

But you have me confused again….

Am I not supposed to leave feedback on the forum if my emails are not answered?

You said your email was answered….“A simple broken link received a response of “it works for me”.

Why are you worried about minus credits?? You don’t participate in the forums so why are you bothered if your score is minus….if it bothers you that much I will donate a few points to get you in plus credit.

The last three or four Userguides have been made available in the forums….you can’t really go posting complaints in three diferent sections because you forgot to grab a copy of the user guide.

“Feedback is what every business should live on”

Totally agree with you! when people have genuine complaints.

sequenceinc Friend

Dawn – If you would please message me which guide you need, I’m sure it can be emailed to you. You won’t get any help from these guys. They’ll just scold you for daring to do downloads while you had a membership.

🙂

mfcphil Friend

<em>@sequenceinc 56115 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dawn – If you would please message me which guide you need, I’m sure it can be emailed to you. You won’t get any help from these guys. They’ll just scold you for daring to do downloads while you had a membership.

:)</blockquote>

No one has Scolded anyone here!!

Please do not slate people who are simply defending JoomlArt…and maybe it should be pointed out to you that you are not allowed to send unlicienced members any files.

I am sure JoomlArt will send Dawn the file she needs, making complaints in three different sections to get your point across has just been the wrong way to go about things.

sequenceinc Friend

When did I say I’d be sending any files?

🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@sequenceinc 56115 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dawn – If you would please message me which guide you need, I’m sure it can be emailed to you. You won’t get any help from these guys. They’ll just scold you for daring to do downloads while you had a membership.
    </blockquote>
    Spoken as someone who doesn’t really understand what he’s talking about or what the issues are.

sequenceinc Friend

Well, Tom, I’m a she. And I understand all too well what goes on at JA. They are a horrible company to do business with. Some of their templates are nice. But there are lots of complaints by customers that never get resolved. That’s just bad business. So believe me, I understand.

TomC Moderator

<em>@sequenceinc 56171 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, Tom, I’m a she. And I understand all too well what goes on at JA. They are a horrible company to do business with. Some of their templates are nice. But there are lots of complaints by customers that never get resolved. That’s just bad business. So believe me, I understand.</blockquote>
    Actually, you do not understand – on a multitude of levels.

You do not understand the time, effort and skill it takes to create, develop and program these templates.

You do not understand the time constraints on Hung and others who do the best they can to assist people here. Take Menalto, for example. He bends over backwards to help people as much as he can …. but gues what, he has a life to lead too.

You, and other, seem to selfishly believe that when you shout “jump,” the whole of JA should respond “how high.”

JA’s primary service is to provide quality Joomla CMS based templates – and that is what they do. When bugs or quirks are identified with the base template, Hung and his crew do their best to address them. When people experience issues and proglems as a result of their own modifications to code and such, then there are those who try to help as best they can.

It is not Hung’s or anyone else’s job or responsibility to hold anyone’s hand through the modification and customization process of their websites – nor is it their job/responsibility to teach people basic CSS and PHP web development. Further, many of the isses and questions arise when people start to change/modify the code and/or bring in third-party extensions. Support for such is not the responsibility of Hung or the JA Staff – though they often try their best to help.

The bottom line is, no one can solve every issue and/or problem there is . . . there are always going to be issues/problems that the JA Staff are unable to address. That is simply a fact of life – no matter where you are or what template club you’re a member of.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum