Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, I noticed the following:

The “upcoming events” module can display events in ascending or descending order, which is fine.

What we want to achieve is to show the nearest upcoming event to TODAY’s date in first place, and then the following events in ascending order, BUT WITHOUT SHOWING PAST EVENTS.

For example, today you would like to show april, may, june upcoming events and so on, but NOT SHOW march, february and january PAST EVENTS.

So, is there a chance that one of you kind guys could write a tiny peace of code that could compare the event’s date to today’s date AND THEN show only upcoming events?

Thanks a lot!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rabarrig,

Unfortunately, the module can display events (Joomla! articles) already published and I’m afraid that customize the module to achieve your goal is beyond our support scope as it would require lots of modifications.

But you can take a look in JED to find an appropriate event manager that might suite your need.

azilein Friend

Hello everybody!

I have the same problem. Is there now a solution?

Many greetings Andreas

Adam M Moderator

Hi @azilein,

Actually it’s not a bug but like a customization request instead. But due to the normal behavior of Joomla article as described above (you cannot see the article unless it’s published), it’s beyond what we can do.

azilein Friend

Thank you for the answer. Perhaps I have misunderstood something: I would like that to be displayed at the closest events to first. And then descending by date. Is this possible?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @azilein,

Could you please provide your site url and temporary admin account via private reply, then provide a mockup screenshot about your desire result so I can check it for you ?

azilein Friend

Hello! Have you received my private message? Many greetings Andreas

Adam M Moderator

Hi @azilein,

Sorry but I still haven’t got your provide message yet, could you please recheck ?

azilein Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @azilein,

Thanks for the info but unfortunately, look like this function is not supported at the moment as well. I raised an issue so our development team can check it.

Best regards,

Adam.

azilein Friend

Any update of this? because, we did updates of our website. But this doen’t work any more.

Hi an issue so our development team can check it.

Best regards,

Adam.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  azilein 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum