Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

(Please refer thread :
    I want to update my template from Joomla Version 3.0.3 to Latest Joomla . When I go to Components / Update, I get the message that you have latest version Joomla 3.0.3

How do I update to 3.3.6

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    To update your Joomla! site from 3.0 to 3.3.x please go to joomla.org for detail information.
    When you have success to upgrade your Joomla! site than you’ll go to your backend to update template later.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

G T Friend

<em>@jooservices 453744 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,
    To update your Joomla! site from 3.0 to 3.3.x please go to joomla.org for detail information.
    When you have success to upgrade your Joomla! site than you’ll go to your backend to update template later.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>
    Will the template also be upgraded automatically?

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    No. Joomla! is CMS – Template is extension. You’ll need upgrade everything step by step.
    CMS first than extensions later.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi joomlagt
    if you want to update your Joomla
    Go to components>>joomla update>>Purge cached >> http://prntscr.com/57v8hj
    you can see new version after that .

Please take a full backup of your site before any update .
    + check the template compatibility with the Joomla version that you want to update .

Please do not open multiple thread for the same issue .
    I already replied for this in your previous post here.

Hope it helps you.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@joomlagt 453985 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was successfully able to update the Joomla from 3..0.3 to Joomla 3.3. Now I am getting error:

“The template for this display is not available” in admin</blockquote>
    can explain a bit more with a screenshot of error where it is coming .
    I have not found any error on your site admin panel >> http://prntscr.com/588868

<blockquote>+ check the template compatibility with the Joomla version that you want to update .
    </blockquote>
    Did you checked template compatibility before update ? as i mentioned you in previous post .

G T Friend

I checked JA University supports latest Joomla Version. I have PMed you the details

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@joomlagt 454011 wrote:</em><blockquote>I checked JA University supports latest Joomla Version. I have PMed you the details</blockquote>
    Hi
    as i can see you are moving from old JA university template to new JA university .
    so make sure both are different layout and different functionality .
    so its not possible that by just changing the template all layout would be same as previous old JA university template .
    Both have different layout and module positions .
    you need to follow the documentation of JA university and make changes on your site with help of it.
    Here is link of documentation .

G T Friend

Is it better option to install a fresh JA University template and import menu, menu items and articles from Old JA site?

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    At first please clearly about Joomla! & Extensions. In basically upgrade / migrate tasks are:
    – Backup your exists site.
    – Follow instruction to upgrade / migrate your Joomla! CMS site. By this step all of Joomla! core database will be upgraded / migrated.
    – But for 3rd extensions it will not. Than you need to check with extensions author to check if there is release for your new Joomla! site.
    – If they have, than just update it by follow their instruction. Mostly just need to install latest version
    – JoomlArt template also same like that.

About install new fresh Joomla! site via JoomlArt quickstart. Yes you can do.
    After that you can transfer your data from old Joomla site. But depends on which version of old site & new site. You may need do migration database or just transfer.
    You also need to know which tables for each purpose.

In case you can’t clearly about these. I would suggest you go with 3rd party as custom job. It much easier and more safety for you.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

G T Friend

(For Migration from Old to New)
    But the problem is that even after installing Latest JA Template after migration, modules positions are changed and we need to redo the entire settings.

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Yes, if your new / latest template have changed module positions than you need to re-assign it 🙂 Have no much choice 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

G T Friend

What I noticed that after upgrading my site from 3.0.3 to 3.3.6 joomla, I installed JA_University 3.3 template. Then I did not change the default template, (allowing the old template to be the default template). Now the site is running fine except I get error in admin that “The template for this display is not available.”

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

If you want to use old ja university template now .
    you need to enable old JAT3 plugin .and disable T3 plugin .
    i have noticed the error that you r facing .
    please add a screenshot of your error with details .
    + Old JAT3 JA university template is not compatible with latest joomla 3.3.6 .
    This can be an issue to produce problem . As i can see u r trying this on your test site .
    so make sure all the things before upgrading your live site joomla.
    always check compatibility of extension and template before update joomla .
    always take a backup of your site before any template ,extension or joomla update .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum