Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Do I have to upgrade my Edenite template for the Joomla 1.5.9 security update ? If so, which file do I need to update ? I don’t want to do a complete reinstall of the template due to all the customizations.

Thanks in advance !

Jay

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

You don’t have to reinstall all over again, there is a great component our there which help you to update your joomla with only single click. I used it for all my website and it is no problem at all.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/installers/6259/details

But, before you click to update, make sure you backup all the file first. 🙂

Jay Kim Friend

I was wondering if I need to update the edenite template

swemmel Friend

jwkimkc;106516I was wondering if I need to update the edenite template

Hello Jay,

No, the security-update doesn’t hit the templates-folder. You can simply add the joomla-path and your site is provided with the latest Joomla-version. It doesn’t affect your template.

I did the same for my websites with the JA-Uvite template, all worked fine.

Peter

haro Friend

Yo dont need to reinstall your website just for upgrade Joomla.
    http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=4288
    1. Come to this site and choose which part is suite for you (ex: Joomla_1.5.8_to_1.5.9-Stable-Patch_Package.zip if you are updating from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9)
    2. Extract this file into temp folder on you local disc.
    3. Connect ftp and go to your root joomla website (where you can find config file)
    4. Upload and overwrite all files in temp to this folder.

PS: If you have any hacked on core. You should backup and rehack on those after upgrade.
    Same thing for template

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I am wondering that since you can upgrade your joomla version with single click with component Joomla Magic Updater, why still need download, extract, etc……?

gtrew Friend

Possibly because the Magic Updater costs $9.95 for one domain, and $49 for several domains. Still seems quite good value though. Anyone else find the Magic Updater a good buy?

scotty Friend

To be honest… no. Waste of money. It only takes 2 minutes go get the patch from Joomla and upload your self. Not worth $10 IMO.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Yes, it is true. You only need two minutes. But you don’t upgrade for joomla system for one time, you upgrade joomla system several times. Upgrading joomla 1.5.8 to 1.5.9 only needs two minutes, doesn’t that others need two minutes also.

Moreover, if you are a web designer, if you have more than 10, 20, 30 even 50 customers like my friends, then the Joomla Magic Updater really save you A LOT of times. 🙂

markb1439 Friend

<em>@sfpkent 106611 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Yes, it is true. You only need two minutes. But you don’t upgrade for joomla system for one time, you upgrade joomla system several times. Upgrading joomla 1.5.8 to 1.5.9 only needs two minutes, doesn’t that others need two minutes also.

Moreover, if you are a web designer, if you have more than 10, 20, 30 even 50 customers like my friends, then the Joomla Magic Updater really save you A LOT of times. :)</blockquote>
    How long does it take to use the Magic Updater? I know it’s one-click, but if it takes another minute or so to find the right directory, etc., etc., then it might not be as good.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

It takes less than 2 minutes for me to upgrade from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum