Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

When I use Ja Update Manager the upgrade of the Rasite template from 1.6 to the 1.7 compatible version, it does not complete. It loop forever and does not change the Template version.

Any Ideas?

Phill Moderator

Usually this is a permissions problem. The script needs to write to many folders and files in the templates directory and if the script cannot do that instead of generating an error message it just hangs. I have asked the devs to look at generating a decent error message.

To get this to run you will need to temporarilly set the permissions of all the files and folders in your templates directory to something that can be written to.

L John Friend

Will look into it.

L John Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 269541 wrote:</em><blockquote>Usually this is a permissions problem. The script needs to write to many folders and files in the templates directory and if the script cannot do that instead of generating an error message it just hangs. I have asked the devs to look at generating a decent error message.

To get this to run you will need to temporarilly set the permissions of all the files and folders in your templates directory to something that can be written to.</blockquote>

Solution: The upgrade was failing because the Parameter.ini file was not writeable; once changed everything went fine.

Phill Moderator

Excellent news an thanks for updating us.

David Friend

I had the same issue and it is the params.ini file that had the permissions problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum