Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

So my Joomla site throws me this message today:

Dude! There's a newer version for your Ja Medicare!
    Your version is 1.1.1. Ja Medicare's latest version is 1.1.4.

I also find that my Joomla itself needs updating

Joomla is at version 3.3.6 and the latest version is 3.4.4

I look again and there is another dude message!

Dude! There's a newer version for your T3 Framework!

Your version is 2.3.1. T3 Framework's latest version is 2.5.1.

It looks like I have been sleeping on the updates. But what is the exact procedure for doing so? Should I update Joomla first or the T3 or JA Medicare? What do I need to backup before I do the update? I do have a heavily modified template and possibly some custom CSS too.

I have never really understood how to do this. And I kind of fear automated tools that will backup the site because I have had a nightmare before with some product.

What should I do guys?

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In case you have heavy custom changes in the template. You may loss custom changes on template update .
    , You need to take a full backup of site and all custom changes .Then update T3 , Template and Joomla , Then You need to re apply the custom changes if they lost .

I suggest you to perform operations on a staging/test site , do not play with your live sites you may loss all custom changes .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In case you have heavy custom changes in the template. You may loss custom changes on template update .
    , You need to take a full backup of site and all custom changes .Then update T3 , Template and Joomla , Then You need to re apply the custom changes if they lost .

I suggest you to perform operations on a staging/test site , do not play with your live sites you may loss all custom changes .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum