Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

My site has been running fine http://www.medboat.com but numerous users have been reporting getting the mobile version of the site on their desktops.

Tonight I checked my site and the mobile version appeared???????

This seems like a random and not consistent problem, what can be causing it, it is extremely important that this issue is solved urgently……

The only thing I can think of is the Joomla cache???

Need urgent assistance please…..

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

I have tried on various machines to replicate your problem but I can only ever see the desktop version.

You could completely disable the mobile versions from ever being seen but would that be a problem for you? Until I am able to replicate your problem it is going to be hard to diagnose. Maybe one of the other supporters had a better idea.

perdu Friend

I get this problem with every ja template, someone visits using a mobile device and are served up the iphone version which is then cached by joomla (or by T3 in later templates) and served up to desktop users until the cache is cleared or expires.

kairey Friend

Looks like we need a solution to this then? I would prefer not to disable the mobile version as it does work very well….

Phill Moderator

So far I have been unable to replicate this on any of my sites. I will ask the question to the devs.

perdu Friend

Just happened again on one of mine. Also lots of problems with the main menu being cached without any css or scripts so the page is often served up with the menu as a load of text displayed vertically down the page which looks very messy. I see these problems mostly on our larger sites where there’s several thousand visitors a day.

kairey Friend

Hi Phil appreciate you can’t replicate it, so I just forgot about it, then when I see someone with the same issue it rings alarm bells again!

Phill Moderator

I have escalated the problem.

kairey Friend

Thanks!

I note that the template is still Beta version, I have had this template from the beginning for Joomla 1.6 and am surprised no updates to one or two niggles have not been added to a new version?

Phill Moderator

Most of the updates have go into the jat3 plugin (please make sure yours is up to date). The template folder itself contains a lot less now we have the plugin and if any bugs are discovered they are usually fixed very quickly with that. What version of the plugin are you all using as that may help diagnose this?

As for the template still being in beta that is simply because K2 has not yet been released for J1.6. Some updates have been made but until K2 is available the beta tag will remain.

kairey Friend

This is the JA T3 Framework plugin, yes?

Just looked and mine is 1.2.0

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

<em>@kairey 241443 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is the JA T3 Framework plugin, yes?

Just looked and mine is 1.2.0

KEVIN</blockquote>

Please try upgrading to the latest relese using the JA Extension manager and see if you still experience problems.

kairey Friend

Just as a matter of interest what is the best procedure for upgrading any plugin and module on a template?

I am assuming just to make note of any current custom settings, delete and the reinstall the new one? And of course make a full site back up just in case!!! :laugh:

Phill Moderator

Use the JA Extension manager, it will do the work for you and give you the option to revert should things not work.

http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Extensions_Manager/Overview

L John Friend

Here is how I solved this issue with the mobile view being shown on the desktop.

So far it seems to be working; Previously I had to keep resetting the cache to fix the problem.

1) created a seperated menu for mobile devices. (I needed to isolate the mobile content you may not need to)
    2) Used a plugin to assign the required template to the mobile devices. (TapTheme plugin – it must be positioned above Ja-Tabs (ja tabs fights like crazy)
    (note) I used a third party template for Andriod devices.
    3) Used plugin Jbtolo – and moved all Java scripts to the bottom of the page; you have to place this plugin below System cache and the Ja T3 framework.in the stack. Settings – Java scripts merge – no; CSS merge – no; .htaccess based rewriting – yes ( rewriting may not work for some)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  L John 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum