Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi All

Need some assistance in the best way of upgrading from Fireboard 1.0.5RC2 to the latest release of Kunena whil preserving as much data as possible.

Anyone have a step by step guide for the JA Sanidine template

Cheers Rhys

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Since, you already are on Fireboard 1.0.5 RC2, you can safely uninstall it and install Kunena. Kunena will take over Fireboard tables on its own.

Its always a better idea to read the upgrade manuals and Complete BACKUPS.

http://docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_Install_or_Upgrade_Kunena

Best of Luck.

Regards

Arvind

rhys_daniels Friend

What files shall i backup as a safeguard?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Backup is generally taken for the whole site plus database. You can use Joomlapack for the same.

regards

arvind

rhys_daniels Friend

Just uninstalled Fireboard, installed kunena but im receiving the following message when trying to enter “Kunena Forum” from the Components menu:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/toolbar.kunena.php on line 92

Any ideas?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

rhys_daniels;134570Just uninstalled Fireboard, installed kunena but im receiving the following message when trying to enter “Kunena Forum” from the Components menu:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/toolbar.kunena.php on line 92

Any ideas?

Sorry mate,

No idea about that error, i have migrated and upgraded fireboard to kunena many times, but i have not encountered the problem so far.

I hope you have taken the database and site backup. If you wish I can try to help you out, but i would need admin access to your site and phpmyadmin access. If you are comfortable, you can PM me the login details. I shall take the due backups before trying it out.

Regards

arvind

rhys_daniels Friend

<em>@rhys_daniels 134570 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just uninstalled Fireboard, installed kunena but im receiving the following message when trying to enter “Kunena Forum” from the Components menu:

Any ideas?</blockquote>

Found the solution, just upload the toolbar.kunena.php file manually via FTP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rhys_daniels 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum