Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Thanks Menalto and Cornelio … you guys rock! 😀

Phoned a few friends and checked with PC, Mac and 3 or 4 browsers.

This seems to have fixed things.

Menalto – please mark as ‘solved’ for the moment!

I’m sure I’ll be back with more after a few hours sleep.

Until then, I’m going to open a cold beer!

Thanks again you two
    Chris

questbg Friend

mmmmmm seems like I spoke too soon. Now, none of the contact forms work:

http://www.joomla.questbg.com/index.php?option=com_contact

Clicking on the contact Name field produces nothing. This worked OK in the SubDomain.

Ideas?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Quest:

I just wanted to chime in to say that I think your site looks and operates FANTASTIC !!!
    I love all the inner workings – very dynamic and easy to navigate.

NICE JOB !!!

reachthesky Friend

I coldnt access the live site to see the problem. but from the pics it seemed okey :S

reachthesky Friend

<em>@questbg 74179 wrote:</em><blockquote>mmmmmm seems like I spoke too soon. Now, none of the contact forms work:

http://www.joomla.questbg.com/index.php?option=com_contact

Clicking on the contact Name field produces nothing. This worked OK in the SubDomain.

Ideas?

Thanks</blockquote>
    Do you got the SEO option in joomla activated? I think is in the configuration screen above Mod_rewrite option,

questbg Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 74180 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    NICE JOB !!!</blockquote>

Thanks Tom, coming from you that means a lot … my template mods have been quite minimal, it’ really just the Teline demo site …. and I know how you hate sites that look like that!

🙂

Thanks for the kind words though, much appreciated.

questbg Friend

Thanks reachthesky

Yes indeed, I’ve got the SEF switched on … which was a whole other problem! Modification of the htaccess file, etc.

Think I need a beer now!

Thanks everyone for the input and encouragement.

If only I could sort out the contact problem, then I can sleep!!

Cheers
    Chris

questbg Friend

Forget previous, re Contact, etc. My fault!

I’d hard coded some URL’s from the old domain, so they were still looking there, not to the new site :-[

Will try fix the code now and see if that fixes everything!

Thanks
    Chris

Menalto Friend

Can you trow me a beer too?
    Im happy to see your site live, and finally working:)

questbg Friend

<em>@Menalto 74192 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you trow me a beer too?
    </blockquote>

Absolutely, at least a six-pack 🙂

However, you’re not finished so easy :laugh:

Changed all URL’s but still have a problem with ‘contact’. The page loads but nothing else?

Do you have any idea if this is something easy to fix?

(then you can open that beer!) 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@questbg 74186 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom, coming from you that means a lot … my template mods have been quite minimal, it’ really just the Teline demo site …. and I know how you hate sites that look like that! </blockquote>
    But you’ve added all kinds of eye catching banner ads and quality content – to me, that represents some thought process and planning as to the kind of audience and business you are targeting. (Are you getting affiliate commissions from referrals for all of those links?)

You’ve actually given me some inspirational ideas for my Teline II based online magazine (when I finally geta round to creating it – got to finish the primary site first.).

😎

reachthesky Friend

hhahah.. SEF that’s the name.. my bad 😛 I was just too lazy to go to the confi and see.

questbg Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 74246 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you getting affiliate commissions from referrals for all of those links?)
    </blockquote>

Thanks Tom … yes indeed, I wanted to go for quality content over anything else! We’ve produced a printed magazine for the last four years, so now we’re on line, I didn’t want our subscribers to get less of a product, in fact, we’re hoping they’ll get much more now.

Yes, all banners are paid for. These are existing advertisers from our printed product who actually played a bigger part in our decision to go online with the magazine (they wanted a wider market, Russian and French languages, etc.).

Anyone got any idea why my ‘contact’ page has stopped working?

Thanks
    Chris

questbg Friend

Contact forms now working. Had to reinstall some components, but seems OK now!

Thanks Everyone
    Chris

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  questbg 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum