Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi guys…

I need some help… I want to use both the JA_Sanidine I and II and give the users the option to choose witch one they want to use… visitors too…

Is it possible ?? I did not make any changes to the templates and i’m using the 1.5 joomla version.

thanks in advance.

TomC Moderator

Sure it’s possible, but you will have to create two completely separate websites and simply have the link choices link to the respective site. Seems like double the work for you – why not just use one of them?

p2mb2 Friend

wow… 2 diferent sites… I donΒ΄t believe that joomla don’t have a component that permit users to change the template, all CMS that I know have it…

2 diferent sites is something impossible to do… what about the databases ?? and the forum database… that is not an option.

tcraw thanks for the reply… but i’m convinced that joomla must have some way to give the chance to users choose the template they most like… is like give the best of various worlds πŸ˜€

scotty Friend

You don’t need two sites you just need two stylesheets and a way to switch between them.

The hard (but proper) way would be to implement the colour (style) changer that is coded into the Uvite template. This would require a lot of PHP knowledge.

The easy way would be to use the Template Chooser Extension.

TomC Moderator

well then, I stand corrected

:((

p2mb2 Friend

<em>@scotty 117617 wrote:</em><blockquote>You don’t need two sites you just need two stylesheets and a way to switch between them.

The hard (but proper) way would be to implement the colour (style) changer that is coded into the Uvite template. This would require a lot of PHP knowledge.

The easy way would be to use the Template Chooser Extension.</blockquote>

That’s it πŸ™‚ The Template Chooser is something that probably many joomla admin’s asked for… but, i still have one problem… if i use the two sanidine templates…. the forum and the community parts will demand a change on template too…

I do know about php… although my working language is ASP.NET, I know something about php.. not that much i think… but… scotty do you know if this template chooser allow you to change the template in the installed components too, like fireboard forum ?

Thanks πŸ˜‰

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  p2mb2 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum