Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Issue 1: User must logout twice

This was discussed in this thread:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/log-out-function-not-working-properly/

but I don’t see a solution. When I click “Logout” from the user menu a page comes up saying Login
    You are currently logged in to the private area of this site.
    and there is another Logout button. I click that and then I am logged out, but I am not taken to the redirect page I specified in the Login module parameters (it redirects to my frontpage instead).

Is this correct that users have to click “Logout” twice to log out? It’s kind of annoying.

Issue 2: No logout button or link in ja-headtools module

I have to use the user menu link to log out because there is no link appearing up in the headtools module, only text that says “Log out”. There is also no background button showing, even though I have edited the CSS for both login and logout to display the green button as a background image.

Screenshot before login:

Screenshot after logging in:

I’ve made minor edits to my template.css and red.css file and also added an inline style in templates/lcc-v3-ja_opal/html/mod_login/default.php. I don’t know what I did wrong to break the logout link so I thought I’d ask for help here before reinstalling the mod_login and reverting to the original CSS.

Is there a demo account I can use on the template demo site to see how the logout is working there?

gnubler Friend

I discovered the reason why the logout wasn’t working. In the Login module when I set “Greeting” to No the logout button and link disappear like in my above screen shot. So I’ve just set it to Yes and it’s working.

Now I’m trying to figure out how to change the text on the logout button. I think it’s within the first few lines of the default.php file mentioned above, but I’m not sure how to edit it.

cjmicro Friend

the text may be located in a language file.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum