Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

check it out – still adding content. Feedback welcome.

happybub.com

Cheers!

PS. Extensions used include:

– JCE
    – Community Builder
    – Fireboard
    – MyBlog
    – JomComment
    – DB Query
    – Joomap
    + others that I can’t remember right now

ErikThorsen Friend

Great usage of JA Sargas!! I like the little child up in the clouds. Perhaps should have added some wings to it? :p

Great work, will be even better with even more content. Personally I don’t like too much the 2 column style on the front page ( for news items ) I prefer 1 column as it is easier to present news of different size and shape but that is my preference.

Again, great site! Nice work!

swemmel Friend

Hi,

A nice looking and clean site. Good work. I like it.

Kind Regards,
    Peter.

mildside Friend

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments so far. The clean and uncluttered feel to the site really is down to the JA Sargas template, so I’m very happy with my choice.

This is my first time using Joomla (or a CMS of any kind), so it’s all quote new and exciting. It does make it so easy for my wife to add content to the site! She said to me one day “I want to make a site about pregnancy and babies, and I want to have diaries and a forum, and be able to have video …” and the list went on. Luckily, I found Joomla!

desdevlover Friend

Adsense make the site looks trashy. I recommend you use other ads program or other ads format same Sargas CSS was (font, size, color).

mildside Friend

I’m annoyed …

I’ve just viewed my site using IE6, and the suckerfish dropdown menus are not working! 🙁

ShannonN Friend

mildside;14193I’m annoyed …

I’ve just viewed my site using IE6, and the suckerfish dropdown menus are not working! 🙁

IE 6 has a lot of problems with lots of stuff there is no need to HAVE to use suckerfish menus 🙂

ShannonN

mildside Friend

<em>@ShannonN 14414 wrote:</em><blockquote>IE 6 has a lot of problems with lots of stuff there is no need to HAVE to use suckerfish menus :)</blockquote>
    I know that I could use transmenu, but I don’t like the effect. Is there an alternative dropdown to suckerfish that works across browsers? If so how hard is it to change Sargas to use it instead?

mildside Friend

Can I take it from the lack of response to my last post that the only dropdown menu alternatives are “suckerfish” (doesn’t work in IE6) or transmenu (I don’t like the motion effect).

I guess if there is no fix for suckerfish, I’ll just have to change to transmenu. 🙁

mildside
    happybub.com

mildside Friend

I guess I’m resigned to the suckerfish not working in IE6. Not such a huge problem I suppose since it’s still possible to navigate. :((

mildside

happybub.com

mildside Friend

Just thought of a possible fix that someone more knowledgeable may be able to comment on.

Would it be possible to detect if the browser is IE6, then use transmenu, otherwise use suckerfish?

Is this possible or am I just in dreamland?

Cheers,

mildside
    happybub.com

mfcphil Friend

Great Site

the thing with using things like you-tube video, you MUST keeping checking them yourself to ensure they are still playing…your Frontpage movie is no longer available..:confused:

joomboom Friend

Great job!

TomC Moderator

The site looks REALLY good now !!!

Great Job !!!

Michael Casha Friend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  mildside 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum