Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I had Joomla installed on my host already but now would like to use the Nuevo template with the quickstart demo template files. Do I have to go back to the beginning with the database set up instructions or do I just overwrite the Joomla install files?

TomC Moderator

If you’re talking about starting fresh with a new site – then it’s best to simply start completely fresh with a new database and file structure. The quickstart installation process installs joomla and configures your database for you.

TomC Moderator

If you’re talking about starting fresh with a new site – then it’s best to simply start completely fresh with a new database and file structure. The quickstart installation process installs joomla and configures your database for you.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    If we already have exists site and we want setup it exactly same as demo from quickstart. We can do like this
    – Install quickstart into another directory . Now we’ll have both of site: exists one ( A ), quickstart ( B )
    – Check step by step configuration in quickstart B and apply that for A .
    Of course, because we already have exists content and it’s different quickstart than we’ll follow up by logic !

That’s all.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    If we already have exists site and we want setup it exactly same as demo from quickstart. We can do like this
    – Install quickstart into another directory . Now we’ll have both of site: exists one ( A ), quickstart ( B )
    – Check step by step configuration in quickstart B and apply that for A .
    Of course, because we already have exists content and it’s different quickstart than we’ll follow up by logic !

That’s all.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum