Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Been looking over all the resources, scanning the forums, etc…, but it is still not clear the advantage of using profiles in the BE. As far as I can tell, the profiles only show up on the FE cpanel, so if one was not using the FE cpanel, why would one want to use profiles?

Thanks for the clarification.

pritam Friend

Hello bkmja,

To Value of Profiles

Joomla Template provide profiles to hold the settings of the template. You can see the default profiles.
    Click any of these profiles to clone / rename & customize / delete existing profiles.
    You can customize the default profile to use your favorite settings, but each other profile can override any of these settings. The profile settings control the template logo, font-size, layout, menu system and generally all template features.

bkmja Friend

<em>@pritam 252304 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello bkmja,

To Value of Profiles

Joomla Template provide profiles to hold the settings of the template. You can see the default profiles.
    Click any of these profiles to clone / rename & customize / delete existing profiles.
    You can customize the default profile to use your favorite settings, but each other profile can override any of these settings. The profile settings control the template logo, font-size, layout, menu system and generally all template features.</blockquote>

Thank you for the reply. It is still unclear in what situation you would want to use profiles. Is this for only end-user convenience through the FE cpanel, such as selecting a different template color like on ja demo site?

Thanks again for the help.

denis25 Friend

sorry for my English !
    You can use profiles in order to asign them to menu Id.
    Then you can have differents layouts according to each menu item

naturedude Friend

Hi there,
    I’m using Teline IV and trying to disable the User Profile icon in the front-end menu. I don’t want the icon or the user profile functionality to appear in the menu at all. How do I disable it? I can’t seem to find a corresponding module to unpublish and I’ve had mixed success in editing template.css
    Thanks for any help

pritam Friend

Hello naturedude ,

To disable the User Profile icon

Goto admin Login ->Extensions-> Template Manager ->Your Template->Profiles->User Tools -> Set Hide to all menus

save & JAT3 Clean Cache .

naturedude Friend

Hi Pritam,
    This didn’t work and yes I remembered to clean the cache. It removed the cpanel icon from the front-end, which was on my to-do list, so thanks for that. But it didn’t remove the user-profile icon in the far right of the Mega menu, next to the Twitter, social and rss feed icons.
    Any ideas?

pritam Friend

Hello naturedude ,

Can you please provide your site url and admin login details , So that we can help you better.

naturedude Friend

Hi Pritam,
    Thanks for the offer but I’d prefer not handing over admin login details. I’ve attached a snapshot of the problem area to give you a better idea of the problem (see red arrow).

1. Teline-IV-error-snapshot
    Manos Moderator

Hi naturedude,

This is a menu item (you can find it in topmega menu ) so you can disable it.

Regards

Manos

pritam Friend

Hello naturedude ,

Remove icon User Profile functionality

Find this code at template.css

<blockquote>#ja-topmega li.nav-blog {
    -moz-background-clip: border;
    -moz-background-origin: padding;
    -moz-background-size: auto auto;
    background-attachment: scroll;
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url(“/ja_teline_iv/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/stripe-bg-2.png”);
    background-position: 0 0;
    background-repeat: repeat;
    }</blockquote>

Change this code :-

<blockquote>#ja-topmega li.nav-blog {
    -moz-background-clip: border;
    -moz-background-origin: padding;
    -moz-background-size: auto auto;
    background-attachment: scroll;
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url(“/ja_teline_iv/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/stripe-bg-2.png”);
    background-position: 0 0;
    background-repeat: repeat;
    display: none;
    }</blockquote>

naturedude Friend

Thanks Manos, that worked beautifully!

naturedude Friend

Thanks Pritam for your help and the code changes you’ve supplied. I’ve decided to go with Manos’ solution of unpublishing the menu item from topmenu.

pritam Friend

Hello naturedude ,

If you have any another issue you can post here.So that we can help you better.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pritam 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum