Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Joomla version 2.5.8, template is JA Rasite 2.5.1; JA Slideshow module is in top position, JA News Sticker module is in newsticker position. Both are set to show on home page only. Whenever I unpublish (or delete) the JA News Sticker module, the JA Slideshow module disappears from the home page. I have to re-publish the JA News Sticker to get the slideshow back. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling both modules, to no avail – I get the same result. Does anyone have any input? I’ve also now noticed that the “Save” and “Save & Close” buttons no longer function in trying to change the settings for JA Slideshow – the only button that works is the “Close” button. Thanks in advance for any advice on these two issues.

TomC Moderator

Are you saying that you cannot “save” or “save and close” within your slideshow module when/after you’ve made modifications within the slideshow module?

:confused:

Might you be able to provide the url for the site you’re working on?

vtpages Friend

Yes, Tom, that is exactly what I’m saying. Thanks. My larger concern is the fact that unpublishing the News Sticker module makes the Slideshow module disappear. As a temporary measure to make the News Sticker content not appear, I set the “Max Articles Display” to 0 and put a blank space in the “Head Text” field. Thanks again.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Very strange bug. I tried to replicate the same on our demo system but could not.

You can pm me url and admin access. I shall check the problem directly on your site.

vtpages Friend

Does anyone else have any insight into this problem? Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@vtpages 382660 wrote:</em><blockquote>Does anyone else have any insight into this problem? Thanks!</blockquote>

I didn’t see URL of your site, you can pm me URL of your site and admin access again, i shall check it for you

vtpages Friend

I tried again and this time checked the error console in Firefox, which read as follows (don’t know if it’s the problem, but here it is):

TypeError: result is undefined
    http://siteurl.com/modules/mod_jaslideshow/elements/assets/js/japaramhelper2.js

And thank you, I have PM’d you. I cannot edit the slideshow module: the Save and Save & Close buttons do not work.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /administrator on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</blockquote>

I got this problem when i access back-end on your site. Please check and help me to access it.

vtpages Friend

I don’t understand what the problem could be. I just checked the PM I sent you yesterday, clicked on the link it contained, and I got to the admin login page with no problem.

Unless of course you just clicked on the above link in this thread where I posted the error message…..(siteurl.com is not the actual domain) 😉

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have sent you PM with the screenshot of problem when i tried to access administrator of your site.

mehmet_alp Friend

Hello,

I have the same problem. Whenever I try to make a change with JA Slideshow Module I can`t use the “save”, “save and close”, “save and copy” or “save and new” buttons. I con only use the “close” button. I tried it with 3 different browser, safari, opera and firefox. Always the same.

Any help please?

vtpages Friend

I wish you better luck than I’ve had. I’ve provided login credentials to my site two different time (upon request) to Joomlart tech support reps, who offered to look into my problem with their template. They’ve never even bothered to log in to the back end of my site. I’d recommend that you switch to another template company’s designs; we’re transitioning away, and will not be renewing our annual membership here anymore.

mehmet_alp Friend

Well, I have experienced good support from joomlart.com yet.
    Hope that this didn`t change meanwhile, since it is quite a while ago, when I needed support the last time. We`ll see.

But back to our problem, which Joomla do you use? I tried it as well with j3 as with j2.5.

In j3 the buttons do not function at all, meaning that there is no kind of reaction when u try to use them.
    In j2.5 they seem to function, meaning if u save the changes in the slide module there is coming “changes successfully saved” but if u have a look on the frontend u realize that there is no change at all.

I need urgently help with this!

mehmet_alp Friend

@vtpages:

Have you updated your joomla after installation?
    After I installed the quick start folder I updated joomla from 3.1 to 3.2. And I guess this was my problem. Look what I have found in the forum:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-slideshow-in-fixel/

After deleting the installation and installing quick start with 3.1 new the problem is solved!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,
    @vtpages: I also tried with login info you sent to Ninja Lead but I got the same error like he mentioned in previous reply:

<blockquote>
    Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /administrator on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    </blockquote>

Please check and PM me again, then I will try to help you out.

@mehmet_alp: yes, the problem may come from the J3.2 update, we released new version of this JA Slideshow module which will work with J!3.2 (http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/14-responsive-joomla-templates-10-joomla-extensions-are-now-compatible-with-joomla-3-2). However, we are still in process of updating this JA Rasite template to be compatible with J3.2, so it’s best if you wait till we roll out release and you can update to Joomla 3.2 then

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum