Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hi all,

I have 2 questions and both are non-template issues.

I have heard of an extension called Allvideos, is there anyone who has tried this before?
    I am thinking using it to embed videos on the site. Perhaps there are some pitfalls I should know about:

I also would like to have a new gallery set up, hopefully one better looking. Any recommendations?
    JA RAsite came with a slideshow plugin but I really do not know if that can be used more than once in one website.

thank you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ninshen 287060 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi all,

I have 2 questions and both are non-template issues.

I have heard of an extension called Allvideos, is there anyone who has tried this before?
    I am thinking using it to embed videos on the site. Perhaps there are some pitfalls I should know about:</blockquote>
    I believe that that the “Allvideos” extension is developed by Joomlaworks (the same developers who bring you Frontpage Slideshow and K2). The best places for you to obtain additional information about this extension would be within the Joomla Extension Directory and the Joomlaworks Community Message Boards themselves.

<em>@ninshen 287060 wrote:</em><blockquote>I also would like to have a new gallery set up, hopefully one better looking. Any recommendations?[/quote]
    There are quite a few image gallery extensions available – most of which are listed within the Joomla Extension Directory – and most of which are accompanied by reviews from others who have used the respective extensions.

<em>@ninshen 287060 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA RAsite came with a slideshow plugin but I really do not know if that can be used more than once in one website.</blockquote>
    Yes, you can use more than one instance of JA Slideshow within the same site – it’s more-or-less simply a matter of copying the module (within your module manager) and renaming the copy accordingly. However, unless you want the slideshow parameters to be exactly the same for both/all page locations you want it to display (i.e. width, height, images, animation, etc.), then you are going to have to create some custom/modified CSS for each specific instance of the slideshow you copy/create.

Not a terribly difficult task … perhaps just a bit time consuming to arrive at the final result you want.

ninshen Developer

TYVM for the inputs Tom!
    Really appreciated.

TomC Moderator

You are most welcome my friend.

All the best with your continued web development.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum