Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have created a VM product, a menu link which point to a specific category of VM products, checked all product, category, configuration etc. since I’m already using VM for other projects, but my product isn’t displayed (only the category name, sort by | manufacturer dropdowns and Results field) :

http://www.webamazingapps.com/projects/asalanta/index.php/shop/bohemian-clothing

Any clue what could be the reason for that ?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Cheers,

Marc

pavit Moderator

Hi

We cannot answer to your question if we first can have a look at your settings directly , so if you can share also a temp super user account to your backend

mqu64 Friend

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. Where can I send you the username and password, please ?

mqu64 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    pavit Moderator

Hi there

I changed your store page from external url to vm category layout as you can see preinstalled products and categories are working fine , so copy settings from there to duplicate settings also for your custom categories and products , for any other reference you can take a look at the virtuemart documentation.

Regards

mqu64 Friend

Hi Pavit,
    Thank you for your support. Products are not displayed at all only the category.

mqu64 Friend

Hi,

Parent item of each menu elements of the "Main menu" which should be linked to the parent element "Shop" are linked to the parent element "Contact us" when you look at the list of the "Main menu" Elements.

Strange thing is when you edit for example the menu element "Bohemian clothing" you will see that this element is indeed linked to the parent element "Shop", but the url show that there is a problem here :

http://www.webamazingapps.com/projects/asalanta/index.php/shop/contact-us/bohemian-clothing

Could you please explain me how to fix this.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Cheers,

Marc

mqu64 Friend

Issue solved with the url, but menu elements are still linked to the "Contact us" menu element in :

index.php?option=com_menus&view=items

They should be displayed linked to the "Shop" menu element.

Concerning the products, Products are still not displayed, I saw that you also tried to add the "Holy Bible" product to the "Bohemian clothing" category and I guess you could see that the product isn’t displayed too. I have checked again the VM parameters, everything is fine there (I have created several websites with VM and never add a problemto display products into categories).

So we seems to have an issue here. I would appreciate if you could solve this.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Marc

pavit Moderator

So we seems to have an issue here. I would appreciate if you could solve this.

Hi

As a test i downloaded again quickstart version and installed it on my local with php 5.6 version and joomla 3.5.1 , made some tests creating and publishing new categories and new products and everything worked fine , all my VM settings are the same default coming from quickstart , so we can exclude any bug on the template.

I can suggest to post your question below Virtuemart forum and try to see if you can have it solved.

mqu64 Friend

Hi,

Thank for your reply. Indeed I have installed your template with your Quickstart package. Specifications of my host are meeting your specifications.

I just added menu elements to the Main menu with the VM Menu Item Type "Category layout".

I’ll get back to you when I’ve got an answer from the Joomla and Virtuemart community concerning the Joomla "Parent item" issue and concerning the Virtuemart category product display issue.

Cheers,

Marc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mqu64 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum