Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

My store is hosted thru PSU STORE. They use Joomla and Virtue MArt. I am very pleased with the outstanding service they provide but there is only one problem:
    – It is impossible to upload module.

I have installed this new joomlart template and I am very Happy, but I want the slide, and feature product and view cart. But I cannot .

Is there another way to uplodad module?
    CAn I have feature product on anyway(the classic one:if you know what i mean?).

Thanks and tell me what you think:
    http://www.guapo-guapo.com

cssyeah Moderator

Hi jraffin,

You want publish slide, and feature product and view cart. You can do some steps:

1. Publish slide:
    – On top menu go to: Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions
    – Add some module positons: vm-fp, your-cart, vm-slider.
    – Go to Installers menu -> Modules
    – Browse to mod_ja_vmproductslide.zip and click Upload File and Install.
    -Go to Modules -> Site Modules -> JA VM Product Slider and config some parameter.
    + Choose option show title is No and option Published is Yes
    + Position: slider
    + Height of div: 160
    + Width of div : 140
    + Type of product display: All product
    + Category: 0
    + Number element: 6
    + Mode display: horizontal
    + Show Product Price?: No
    + Show add to cart: No

2. Publish feature product:
    Affter you install the mod_virtuemart_featureprod module, go to Modules -> Site Modules -> Features Product Module and config the position is vm-fp and publish it.

3. Publish Your cart:
    The same 1 and 2. You set position of the mod_virtuemart_cart module in to your-cart position and publish it.

jraffin Friend

Hi,

Now I have the slide module installed. Well it makes the sites very very slow. and the image are not the sizes I wish.
    But I want to install the cart module and the virtuemart module in order to be able to display:(ja_vm_cat_browse), and the cool feature product.

where can I find this module?
    Thank you very much.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jraffin 25120 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Now I have the slide module installed. Well it makes the sites very very slow. and the image are not the sizes I wish.
    But I want to install the cart module and the virtuemart module in order to be able to display:(ja_vm_cat_browse), and the cool feature product.

where can I find this module?
    Thank you very much.</blockquote>

Many of the specialty VirtueMart modules can be found on the VirtueMart website itself.

jraffin Friend

Hi,
    I don’t know if I understand very well.

But I already have the feature product, and ad to cart module. It came originaly with virtue mart and my PSU store.
    What I want is to have the same look than in the template.
    For example, if you go to other product in the template you can see a very nice display:
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_larix

My display in my web site :browse_4 is not as nice:
    http://www.guapo-guapo.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,11/Itemid,1/

I have tried to set the category like in the tutorial: ja_vm_cat_browse
    but still the same.
    So is there a special module to look like in your template.

Same with feature product.

Thanks for your help. I hope it is clear.

bluecafe Friend

<em>@jraffin 25148 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I have tried to set the category like in the tutorial: ja_vm_cat_browse
    but still the same.
    So is there a special module to look like in your template.
    </blockquote>

This is because the file ja_vm_cat_browse that is required in order to use these settings is missing in the template download package. It has been posted a few times already but nobody seems to care. Are they interested in scaring their customers away or they are not interested in their customers at all ? :confused:

jraffin Friend

That’s what i tought. I can’t find it anywhere.
    Has somebody already installed this template in ttheir website?
    Has somebody find the file?

Thanks,

jraffin Friend

Ok the module has been find!
    I only need to find and set up the add to cart module in order to have it in the top right like the live demo!

And if somebody know how does the JA NEWS WORKS!!

Thanks tell me what you think about the site!

http://www.guapo-guapo.com

TomC Moderator

<em>@jraffin 25182 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok the module has been find![/quote]

Where did you find the file?

jraffinI only need to find and set up the add to cart module in order to have it in the top right like the live demo![/quote]

Check out this video tutorial that instantinlaw made –> http://www.photonutz.com/tutorials/your_cart/your_cart/your_cart.html

And if somebody know how does the JA NEWS WORKS!!

Check out this video tutorial that instantinlaw made –> http://www.photonutz.com/tutorials/janews/janews.html

😎

jraffin Friend

Hi,

I idn’t file the file(somebody did it for me!). I think everythinhg is in the quickstart.

Also thanks for your tutorial. But I have one question about JA NEWS.
    Were and how do you write the content. I have everything in Spanish and I am having few doubt.

thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@jraffin 25197 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I idn’t file the file(somebody did it for me!). I think everythinhg is in the quickstart.

Also thanks for your tutorial. But I have one question about JA NEWS.
    Were and how do you write the content. I have everything in Spanish and I am having few doubt.

thanks</blockquote>

The content is up to you, my friend. Whether you obtain it from other – properly credited – sources or write it yourself – it’s up to you (and those whom you appoint) to upload content.

Some people allow all registered members to upload content – but that seems a bit risky to me.

jraffin Friend

Sorry! maybe my english is not the best, but don’t get what you mean.
    When I say that somebody find it for me: I mean somebody helped me with the file and they find it.
    As nobody replied yet to say where the modules missing are, we have to find out. It is a shame that it took so long, but well.
    If it is not what you mean well sorry about what I wrote. Also there is people that don’t know joomla at 100% that’s the reason why we are asking help!

For example I have the JA NEWS MODULES installed. But I don’t understand how JA NEWS works: where do you write the content etc….
    My joomla is setup in spanish so there is few thing that I don’t understand bt step by step.
    Even if I think it could be so easy to do tutorial step by step about JA NEWS MODULES.
    Maybe it already exist?

jraffin Friend

SOrry tcraw1010!

I just understood what you meant!! I apologise!
    Also I will still try to find a complete tutorial on the JA NEWS.

thanx!

TomC Moderator

No problemo mi amigo.

😎

suregrowth Friend

Where and How did You get the Featured product module to work?????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  suregrowth 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum