Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I was looking at the site in IE at work and we have a new Symantec Antivirus Protection. It has now completely blocked me from the site in any browser because of security issues. (Methys)

I wasn’t too worried about it until I was viewing one of our new sites in development and it told me we had a malicious cookie. (http://www.pepperd.net/bellaire). We are using JA Community Plus and that seems to be the only cookie involved in the slider. Any ideas?

Needless to say we can’t have these problems with our clients. Is my antivirus just too sensitive?

ciptamedia Friend

<em>@pepperd 319145 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Guys,

I was looking at the site in IE at work and we have a new Symantec Antivirus Protection. It has now completely blocked me from the site in any browser because of security issues. (Methys)

I wasn’t too worried about it until I was viewing one of our new sites in development and it told me we had a malicious cookie. (http://www.pepperd.net/bellaire). We are using JA Community Plus and that seems to be the only cookie involved in the slider. Any ideas?

Needless to say we can’t have these problems with our clients. Is my antivirus just too sensitive?</blockquote>download all your folder to local disk and then scan with your antivirus. upload your clear file to your host (delete or replace old file)

pepperd Friend

Thanks a heap. Found nothing.

ciptamedia Friend

Visit your web and no malicious code found. i think your site is clean…

tfosnom Friend

Hi Pepperd
    The main problerm is probably Symantec Antivirus Protection 😀 as a licensed computer repair technician and system builder for many years I found anything branded Norton or Symantic always was problematic and caused more headaches/heartaches than a Hollywood female teen runaway.

Many recent antivirus suites contain filters that block, blacklist sites based on erroneous reports of malicious scripts etc. often these are harmless but site essential JS scripts that haven’t been added to a global database. Usually there are means of configuring the product to ignore stuff you know is safe. I suggest you read the manual for this and add the site urls’ scripts etc to a safe list.

Hope this helps you avoid further false positives.
    Shannon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum