Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

Please visit, try, test and comments on our latest rendition of JA Vauxite template for Toydistro.com

We felt the site is still quite heavy despite the huge bandwidth allocated for it and not so much joomla components built into it. Can’t really tell as we are on a 386KBPS connection…

Running Joomla 1.5.9 with Virtuemart and mild hacks and modification to the overall nice JA Vauxite template.

BTW, if you do want to purchase online and wanting to use PayPal, we suggest to change the currency first. We have yet to overcome this issue and has been given us quite a headache…

http://www.toydistro.com

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

You are correct. It has errors while loading. The site can’t finished loading.

questbg Friend

Loaded OK for me this morning. Nice looking site, good customisation, well done.

hdanh00 Friend

The pages loaded ok for me too. Nice site – it had a fresh look that I really like.

jsliao Friend

yep nice site. im nominating this for SOTM. 😛

but i think there are still some minor layout issues that need to be fixed. am on firefox 3.0.6, windows vista

gfunkerwin Friend

Thank you all for visiting, I’m still looking for the little hiccups, perhaps one of the module is non-compliance with sh404SEF as page loads faster without one or two of them yet we need them both. Maybe a tweak or two on the module codes…:confused:

Let me work on it and thank you once again;)

sunrise Friend

Site loaded fine for me as well. Looks great! I think I would have place the language selection tool on top somewhere, rather than taking up precious place where you could have other modules, pictures, etc.

I was surprised to see that when I was on, there were 12 more guests on line. Not bad. Great actually. Keep it up!

ShannonN Friend

gfunkerwin;113414Hi there,

Please visit, try, test and comments on our latest rendition of JA Vauxite template for Toydistro.com

We felt the site is still quite heavy despite the huge bandwidth allocated for it and not so much joomla components built into it. Can’t really tell as we are on a 386KBPS connection…

Running Joomla 1.5.9 with Virtuemart and mild hacks and modification to the overall nice JA Vauxite template.

BTW, if you do want to purchase online and wanting to use PayPal, we suggest to change the currency first. We have yet to overcome this issue and has been given us quite a headache…

http://www.toydistro.com

Hi perhaps running the site through here will give you some clues on performance

On a wireless broadband connection here that generally is 230 plus Kps = to ADSL 2 landline speeds I find the site looks good but loads slower than I’d expect.

Some pages produced a server time out so it may be my connection or heavy traffic, I can’t really tell. I did notice that on product pages the products loaded fast but left menus 5 secs later?

Images loaded into lightbox correctly and fast, for me the download area looks bare with a lot of unused white space, perhaps some kind of advertising could go here if it’s a popular area.

Should the menu ‘CHILDREN STORE’ be childrens store?

Again on the what’s up page huge wasted space, can I suggest maybe a poll on what customers want, like etc ? I think that would be tasteful, useful and fill the space adding balance?

Kids Corner loads the products fast but menus 3 secs later, for me the page is very long forcing ppl to scroll a long way to see all goods, can the cart allow a second page to reduce scrolling, ( just a pet hate of mine) also Menu item children apparels I feel should be childrens apparel

Many of the articles in the more /about us etc section carry the date they were written on as mid 2008 I think perhaps turn the author/date feature off, In teh Contact us section, Store opening times, maybe change the 20:00 closing time to 8.00 Pm just maybe my western culture I’m used to a 12 hr clock in a retail situation

When I see content written more than 6 mths ago I generally think the site is never updated and well maintained, just my impression.

All In all, assuming English is not the authors native language but Indonesian? I think it conveys messages, well looks well like a shopping cart, does it well enough to provide the necessary product info and payment gateway

I only tested in FF 3.06 as I try not to use IE

Good luck with the finetuning
    ShannonN

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum