Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to have the frontpage just have a top menu but no left menus. How would I do it that just homepage does not have it and the rest of the pages do? Also if I have main menu on top – does it always appear on the left – same way – could I get rid of it on left?
    Thanks

SP Media Friend

Just edit the main menu module in your module manager in your admin control panel. You can choose exactly where, if at all you want to have it show.

gschorr Friend

sorry – I am a bit new and I do not see it there, I created this menu for the top – automatically appears to the left also(main menu on left). If I change it to top menu instead of main – gets rid of it in both places. Could you tell me exactly what to do in the main menu – menu item?

SP Media Friend

You don’t need to modify the main menu itself.

Go to administrator cp -> extensions -> module manager and find “Main Menu”.

Disable it. That will remove it entirely. If you go into it, you’ll see an option on the bottom left for what sections you’d like it to appear.

gschorr Friend

that did it.

mihirc Friend

<em>@gschorr 110015 wrote:</em><blockquote>sorry – I am a bit new and I do not see it there, I created this menu for the top – automatically appears to the left also(main menu on left). If I change it to top menu instead of main – gets rid of it in both places. Could you tell me exactly what to do in the main menu – menu item?</blockquote>

Hello,

Spmedia, i think u (or me) r misinterpreting what he wants to do. He wants to show Home on the top menu with the rest of the links, while on the left menu he has to show the rest of the links, but not “Home” .

If the way i interpret him is right, then he should be duplicating the main menu from the menu manager. Removing the “Home” menu in the duplicated option. Then he can publish that menu on the left hand side.

I think, if you can post the live link, and explain us exactly what you want to do, we will be able to help you better.

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

gschorr Friend

how could I get the categories menu to show up on all pages but not the frontpage?

SP Media Friend

It’s the same place, just select everything to display within the categories module in the module manager and deselect the home item.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SP Media 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum